Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help!!!

Options
  • 03-11-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

yesterday i was in a local shop got a few things and payed with a 50euro note and got back change of two 20s!!

today (diff shop) i was geting items and payed with one on the 20s, the woman brought to my attention that it was fake!!

my question is can i go back to the other shop and demand another 20???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No. You can't prove that this was the 20 that was given to you. You should report it to the bank, and the Gardai, that you were in receipt of forged money, and they can follow it up with the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

+ you have lost €20.

Or use it in Tesco.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Unfortunately you're down €20. Not much you can do about it now. You're meant to check your change when you recieve it. Not many people do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

yesterday i was in a local shop got a few things and payed with a 50euro note and got back change of two 20s!!

today (diff shop) i was geting items and payed with one on the 20s, the woman brought to my attention that it was fake!!

How did she show you it was a fake?

If the silver foil on the right side of the not is coming off, that's normal wear & tear.

The easiest way to check if a note is real is to rub your finger gently over the letters at the top of the note. You will feel a braille mark on even the grubbiest of notes. If the braille mark is there, the note is genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ch750536 wrote: »

That could get the OP in serious bother if proved he / she knowing passed a forged note.

Op do as suggested and have the bank and or Gardai look at it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The bank would be obliged to retain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

ch750536 wrote: »
    + you have lost €20.

Wheety wrote: »
    Unfortunately you're down €20.
    The OP is actually down €40, not that that will make them feel any better.

OP you could try going back to the shop - you may not be the only one who was given counterfeit money, & it would be worth a try. Otherwise you should report the matter to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

jeckle wrote: »
    The OP is actually down €40, not that that will make them feel any better.

OP you could try going back to the shop - you may not be the only one who was given counterfeit money, & it would be worth a try. Otherwise you should report the matter to the Gardai.
    He only said one of the notes was a fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Wheety wrote: »
    He only said one of the notes was a fake.
    So they did - sorry, my mistake :eek:

Advertisement