Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest from S Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

another Stephen Ireland thread is not really welcome imo...

but to be fair to him, i'm sure it wasn't pleasant to suddenly pass out.

let's not bash him over everything...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not even remotely funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

[insert "thread fail" here]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Maybe it's the same symptoms his grannies had before their resurrections.

Considering what has happened the like of Antonio Puerta, Daniel Jarque and others, this isn't very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Considering what has happened the like of Antonio Puerta, Daniel Jarque and others, this isn't very funny.

Tell me you arent comparing a sensationalist story to a genuine tragedy. My reason for posting was to show that 1) he is a drama queen of the highest order who appears to love being in the spotlight off the pitch and 2 ) has been known to tell a lie / exaggeration.

I've played footie and felt dizzy ffs.

Everyone's very serious on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Latest from S Ireland

Latest from stovelid re: Stephen Ireland:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He is unwell.

How is he being a drama queen?

IBTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

noodler wrote: »
    He is unwell.

How is he being a drama queen?

IBTL

Oh yeh?
    That doctors don't think so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tell me you arent comparing a sensationalist story to a genuine tragedy.

Wtf? The story isn't sensationalist in the slightest. It is reporting something serious that happened to a player.
    My reason for posting was to show that 1) he is a drama queen of the highest order who appears to love being in the spotlight off the pitch and 2 ) has been known to tell a lie / exaggeration.

Given the deaths of Puerta, Fehrer, Foe etc I'm sure ever player would be shitting it if they felt similar symptoms.

Lucky for you that's all it was.

Footballers dying - serious business tbh

The lengths people will go to to have a dig at Ireland are pathetic at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dyl10 wrote: »
    Oh yeh?
    That doctors don't think so :D

He felt dizzy.

He didn't play for nearly two weeks afterwards.

The doctor didn't think he needed to be in hospital - not really the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

But yes this a serious matter, given the recent history of footballers dying I can imagine any footballer that would even have a hint or a sensation that they could suffer a similar fate would take it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Tell me you arent comparing a sensationalist story to a genuine tragedy. My reason for posting was to show that 1) he is a drama queen of the highest order who appears to love being in the spotlight off the pitch and 2 ) has been known to tell a lie / exaggeration.

Given what has happened other footballers, he was wrong for being concerned when he was rushed to hospital, knowing what had happened others?

I supposed the others were "drama queens" too, right?

You are just jumping on the bandwagon by having a cheap, pointless and worthless pop at him. I hope you are never concerned about your own health, because you'll face pointless ridicule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1103/irelands.html

Maybe it's the same symptoms his grannies had before their resurrections.

:)

You're a very classy guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Yep agreed that nobody likes the fool anymore but nobody should slagged about nearly passing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah well done your petty little dig at Stephen Ireland turned out really well. So if he god forbid does die on the pitch is it going to be oh look now he gets attention. Fair play to him and I still love that "fool" fair play to him standing up for what he believes in (Albeit doing it in the wrong way completly). Such a shame the best young footballer from this country has to put up with idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I like Stephen Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I like Stephen Ireland.

dislike him myself, not suprised really that the irish team bullied him the fellas an ars3hole!!!!

threads about him should be automatically closed!!!! unless its to do with man city

major bill wrote: »
    dislike him myself, not suprised really that the irish team bullied him the fellas an ars3hole!!!!

threads about him should be automatically closed!!!! unless its to do with man city
    Yeah people deserve to be bullied... Good lad. Also you know the guy personnally do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Yeah people deserve to be bullied... Good lad. Also you know the guy personnally do you?

Do you?

Well I dont know him personally...

but he comes across as a model professional and a devoted family man. He's given his answer regarding the national team, which isnt good enough for some people. Even if he decided to come back he'd be ridiculed to the same extent anyway.

Seems like his decision is vindicated with all that in mind.

He's damned if he does, and damned if he don't. "If he don't" he can get add years to his club career, focus on his family and fitness and have more free time while actually going back to the national team would result in a ****storm again and continued ridicule. **** that for a game of soldiers.

• Advertisement

Rob_l wrote: »
    Do you?

No hence why I didn't make an assumption on his personallity based on some tabloid rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

no one deserves to be bullied no, but the lil whinge bag couldnt take a bit of banter of his team mates and decided to cry to the media about it. i dont want to know him personally but i know a couple of lads playing in england that would only love the opportunity to put on the green jersey!!!!

anyway not going to waste any more time posting about the gimp!!!!

anyway not going to waste any more time posting about the gimp!!!!

You won't be posting about anyone for a week.

This is only going to go down one road, as evidenced above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

No hence why I didn't make an assumption on his personallity based on some tabloid rubbish.

I dont want to get into a big discussion on Mr Irelands credibility but you have made an assumption based on tabloid rubbish you have assummed its incorrect.

Old adage no smoke without fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Don't like the man particularly , don't agree with him not wanting to play for us, don't want him to ever play for us...but, he's a hypochondriac, so what? Who hasn't had a pain in his chest and thought...fook, what's that?

locked?

3 of you got in before it.

Well done! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement