Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

someone to turn four table legs, wood supplied but must use own lathe.

Options
  • 03-11-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'd like for someone to turn four table legs for me. They'd be for a farmhouse table so they'd be about 800mm tall... and about 80mm square before turning. They'd be made from Red Deal which would be supplied by me if needed. The person needs to supply their own lathe and skills. The four legs would have to be fairly uniform but no need for a work of art.

I'm in Roundwood, Co. Wicklow. So I can collect the legs from somewhere around South Dublin.

I'll be paying the sucessful applicant, he he..

Here's an image of the type of legs I'd be after. I'd be making a similar table for a customer and would be charging them a normal retail sort of price.

http://www.eccabinets.com/Images/MF-white_farmhouse_table.jpg

Cheers so,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Hi Joe
    I have an idea for you, how about buying four off-the-shelf newel posts in red deal/ southern yellow pine; the lower square section could be shaped and tapered by hand plane, could give a more rustic look!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Unfortuneately my lathe's too short between centres, max 58cm or so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Hi Joe,
    I can do those for you. I'm based in Avoca - only a bit down the road from you!

Advertisement