Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Christmas Party 2009

Options
  • 03-11-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

It's my job this year to organize Christmas Party for the office. Aprox 10-12 people. Mostly in their 40ies or more.

Woudl you have any ideas - nice place to eat and drink? Last year we went to McSwiggans but food wasn't best, one would expect something better for their prices.

Thanks.

Comments

What are you looking for: turkey and ham with drinks after?

I would recommend tusli and then to a bar.

House hotel, good food and there is a nice area to sit for some quite drinks after, I'm presuming you are looking for somewhere reasonably quite, you can easily move on somewhere else for more exciting drinks if you wanted as its in a good location.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

Thanks. Thy're rather info food and drinks that partying so we'll need some nice place.

Thanks again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPSTAIRS IN Radission ( not downstairs in the cattleshed) is very nice .

12 In Barna is very nice , there are 2 restaurants and the better one is called "West"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Wow, a christmas party. I doubt there will be many of those this year. Make sure to ring around a few places and get a quotes, they will be crying out of Chrimbo parties this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Yip, Park House wont be beaten on quality of food, and its in a great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

The Galway Greyhound track do good food and usually have music and entertainment around christmas in the bar after the meal. Probably booked out by now but worth a try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Greyhound track is only OK food but great crack , if ye haven't been yet then do go . Park is very good food but boring venue IMO , very staid naff decor . I would fall asleeep after the steak , happy mind .

The track gets very noisy for 30 seconds in every 10 or 15 minutes as the race is run.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

McSwiggans is great as a food and drink venue, nice bar and restaurant, it will be hard to beat. But as you said the food is over priced. Extra for spuds and veg. (I got caught out the first time I ate there; all I got was the main course).

The Greyhound track is a great night out. I'd go for there. Good food too.

Thanks all for your ideas.

Just getting quotes from few places. Our budget was cut even more but still everyone wants to go ahead. I'm the youngest in here, last year it was strange to hang out with oldies, this year we have 2 more in thier 40ies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

m.anna wrote: »
    Thanks all for your ideas.

Just getting quotes from few places. Our budget was cut even more but still everyone wants to go ahead. I'm the youngest in here, last year it was strange to hang out with oldies, this year we have 2 more in thier 40ies.
    So that means there are now three of you in the 40s, and the rest are 60+?

Or that you're 20-something, and the proportion more than 20 years older than you is now higher than ever?

Either way ... 40-somethings can be fun to hang with, honest. Just don't expect them to go clubbing with you ;)

JustMary wrote: »
    So that means there are now three of you in the 40s, and the rest are 60+?

Or that you're 20-something, and the proportion more than 20 years older than you is now higher than ever?

Either way ... 40-somethings can be fun to hang with, honest. Just don't expect them to go clubbing with you ;)

They are OK, I'm in my 20 and most of them are 40+. Don't want them go clubbing (don't like it myself), it was nice last year tho felt like going out with parents...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Earlier suggestion of Tulsi okay or even Milanos for a 7 p.m. for a €12 pizza followed by few drinks in local pub would be ideal. Dail bar is lovely to adjourn to but pity their drinks are so bloody dear.

Advertisement