Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trailer

Options
  • 03-11-2009 1:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Okay not a game but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxAM_XMZBd8

It really doesn't look half bad and jake does a good impression of the prince from sands of time. I doubt it will match the genius of the Sand sof Time game. Anyway even if it's crap it has the delicious gemma atkinson. Rawr!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Better quality trailer:
    http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/prince-of-persia-the-sands-of-time/trailer

My thoughts on it from over in the film forums thread:
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    Have to say the dialogue from that trailer looks atrocious, and you have to imagine they used the best bits for the trailer.

Will be interesting to see how badly this translates to film, I say badly because from that trailer it looks like they are merging the storylines of the entire trilogy into one. I would of actually preferred a trilogy of films to be released.

If this film has a runtime of only around 90mins I fully expect it to be a complete mess, with a hamfisted montage at the start (or within the first 20 minutes) to abbreviate the plot, a handful of token nods to the gamers in the action sequences (cheesed up of course) and a script written by someone whos never played the games*... so yeah, pretty much par for the course of game to movie conversions.

*EDIT: lol, just checked, it's actually written by the creator of the Prince of Persia game itself, Jordan Mechner. That's actually worse imo. I'd of preferred a talented writer who'd played the games get the job, rather than a talented game designer get the job who is not talented with writing screenplays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    gemma atkinson. Rawr!

Had to check imdb, I was like "whaa? yer wan from Red Alert 3 is in the new Prince of Persia film?"... you, obviously, meant, Gemma Arterton

Still, Atkinson would of been a nice alternative :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyway even if it's crap it has the delicious gemma atkinson. Rawr!

Damn you, when I read this I was like omg this is going to be awesome even its a crap film, cos of her alone it will be worth watching..then I find out you got it wrong..shame on you and your lack of babe knowledge! :mad::D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All I know is I wouldn't complain if I managed to pull either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

They've managed to maintain the two most important things in the Prince of Persia games, a sense of scale and the kind of effortless movement that is part and parcel with PoP.

Regardless of how it treats the games plot, I'm looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement