Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you got the Sky Player Yet?

• 03-11-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry I know there's a thread on the sky player already but talking to a Sky representive last night he said the rules have changed and you have to be signed up for sky player before it will appear on your xbox dash.

Just want to see is there any truth to this.

tks

Have you sky player yet? 74 votes

Yes i'm signed up to sky player and it's available on my dashbaord
    0% 0 votes
    I don't have sky player and it's available on my dashbaord
    35% 26 votes
    I don't have sky player and it's not available on my dash
    9% 7 votes
    Sky Player works great on my Atari Jaugar
    55% 41 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I checked last night and I didn't have it, but I just changed my email address on sky player now to link to my Xbox account, I'll let you know when I get home if this makes any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

No i dont have it nor will i be getting it untill they have some usefull channels and make it about 1/4 of the price. Why would anyone pay for this when the full range of channels are available for more or less the same money.

Only people i can see this being of any use for is the people who cant get sky, NTL/Chorus or freesat. And if you cant get any of them i doubt you can get 2mb broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've had mine since Wednesday of last week. It's good but if I didn't have multiroom already I wouldn't even bother paying for this. Terrible selection of live channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭irishman123

talking to a Sky representive last night he said the rules have changed and you have to be signed up for sky player before it will appear on your xbox dash.

Gold member here...signed up for Sky Player...but it's not on my dashboard!

(You need to reflect this in your poll options)

Anyway, I'm really not bothered as you can only get a very small amount of channels via the 'service' and the on-demand selection is awful! You even have to pay for some of it!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Where's the 'I have it but it's only on my dashboard sometimes' option? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Sky player is there on the dash for me, but we have Sky HD boxes next to both of our consoles so it isn't needed. Does the Sky player do HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

(

Same situation here. Really, the poll does need to be amended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

:(
    Leprachaun wrote: »
    Same situation here. Really, the poll does need to be amended.

Can't seem to ammend it, Any Mods out there who can do it for us:confused: tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I got the update early (BETA)

I have SKY player on the Dashboard but I didnt register for a SkyID(never used it)

EDIT Is the actual update (with Facebook, twitter etc) out for everyone now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

same as me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

same as me

Did ye sign up to the preview program?

Leprachaun wrote: »

You can get it from your recent downloads section.

Swizz wrote: »
    Did ye sign up to the preview program?

im not sure what that is so i dont think so but i do have the sky player working on the pc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

came home from work, turned on xbox and signed in, no update, rebooted, no update :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Gold Membership, Not a Sky Customer, but I have signed up for a SkyiD with no subscription.

There is a message on my Dashboard under 'Video Marketplace' saying that they are working on having Sky Player restored asap and this weekend they are conducting tests to resolve the issue. This message only appeared in the last two hours afaik.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Just turned on the Xbox and am downloading it now,really fast download too.

Just turned on the Xbox and am downloading it now,really fast download too.

It's really fast for everything to buffer too and the quality is fantastic. Enjoy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just downloaded and am watching race of champions on Eurosport.
    Pretty good quality,perfect streaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Anyone Like Myself already have a sky id and not getting it on dashbord??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

heymayo wrote: »
    Anyone Like Myself already have a sky id and not getting it on dashbord??

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,025 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have had it on my dash since last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Just downloaded it now and working Perfectly!! About time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Just checked it there now and downloaded the sky player but i don't have a sky sub as I have cable. Still can get Sky News on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have had it since Friday and am very impressed so far. I used to have a Sky Box in my room but my HDTV does a pretty poor job of rendering SD input so it always looked terrible, regardless of the channel I was watching. I have a 3mb connection and it can comfortably stream at the highest quality setting, albeit only when not downloading anything. The selection of movies is also very impressive - I was expecting Sky Screen 1 + 2 and maybe a few On Demand movies - with hundreds of movies available at a pull of a trigger!

Liber8or wrote: »
    Gold Membership, Not a Sky Customer, but I have signed up for a SkyiD with no subscription.

There is a message on my Dashboard under 'Video Marketplace' saying that they are working on having Sky Player restored asap and this weekend they are conducting tests to resolve the issue. This message only appeared in the last two hours afaik.

Hope this helps.

same as me only i am a sky customer

i signed up for the free multi room for a month,looks like ill only get 3 weeks of that at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Am a Sky customer with multi room and no sign of download on my dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I already have a sky player account, and nothing appearing my xbox dash.

Read here that some people linked their xboxid and e-mail via sky.

Can someone tell where to find that as I cannot find it anywhere in my sky player settings.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

There is a new announcement up on my dashboard this morning. See the attachment!

• Advertisement

thats what i get too,looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer........a good few seem to have gotten it earlier

Advertisement