Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Mobile Phone Calls & Texts to UK

• 03-11-2009 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭

If you can get your hands on a 3 UK SIM and get 3 UK top-up vouchers you'll be able to make cheap calls (10p per minute) and texts (10p per text) to UK mobile and certain landline destinations when you call from Ireland;

http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/International/ROI_Promotion

http://www.three.co.uk/_standalone/Link_Document?content_aid=1214305748126 (pg. 34)

Interestingly to call/text the UK using your 3 Ireland mobile phone costs €0.35 per minute and €0.25 per text respectively!

And, just for further comparison
    For Meteor the cost is €0.50 for calls and €0.25 for texts
    For Vodafone the cost is €0.15/€0.30 (landline/mobile) for calls and €0.25 for texts
    For O2 the cost is €0.25/€0.35 (landline/mobile) for calls and €0.25 for texts.
    For Tesco the cost is €0.50 for calls and €0.25 for texts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Bazzy

all 25 cent for texts and price fixing is banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Bazzy wrote: »

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Eh?

all of the networks charge the same price for an sms to the uk with the exception of 3. Price fixing is supposed to be banned in the mobile industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

What i do is give 3UK £15 per month for 500 minutes , I can call the UK as part of my minutes and send texts to any UK network all included, I receive calls and texts for free as long as I have a 3 Ireland signal which in my area is pretty good, they gave me a Nokia phone for free as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

good point... going the next step (from their 3 Like Home) same would apply if you got a 3 Austria, 3 Italy, 3 Denmark, or 3 Sweden PAYG sim and credit (more countries apply if you get a bill pay which are only australia and hong kong - i thought they were more)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Vodafone have introduced international webtexts now, have they not...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Forget all that

I have 2 phones, a meteor bill pay for here and an O2 PAYG from UK to keep in touch with family and friends back in Wales

Get an O2 UK Sim card, then get the Ireland Bolt On, it's 1.99 per month but then there are no roaming charges, you don't pay to answer calls and calls/texts made only cost what they would in the UK.

Also when in UK coverage you get 300 free texts per month with every 10quid top up.

Ya can also add the International Bolt On for free, that's basically when in UK coverage you can phone nearly any land line in the world for 5p per minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Bazzy wrote: »

if i am at home costs me 25c to txt my mum, when I am at my Mum's costs me 18c go figure :p Mum lives in the north I live in Limerick both on O2 networks respectively

Advertisement