Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull game - 16jan cheap flights available

Options
  • 03-11-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up lads. I just booked flights on Ryanair over and back to stansted on the 16Jan10 for the Hull game for the total sum of 8 Euro. (I have an Entropay card so avoid credit card chgs).

In case anyone was planning to go cant beat that price so get in now.

Ronan - just put thread on its own for max exposure but if it should be in travel please move and apologies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

last flight to dublin after the game is at 20:05, would i get there in time if the game kicks off at 3?

sorry for the dumb question, i usually get the last flight from gatwick...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Stedub wrote: »
    last flight to dublin after the game is at 20:05, would i get there in time if the game kicks off at 3?

sorry for the dumb question, i usually get the last flight from gatwick...

Not a dumb question.

Yes provided there are no train issues you should make it no problems. Normally even have time for a pint in the airport too. Train frequency is increased from Northumberland park to stansted after matches and express runs every 15 mins as usual from tottenham hale. You should be in stansted by 6.30 at the latest all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

got return from shannon for the same price :D Cheers Mullo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

im booked in.

great call pal.

any idea when the tickets go on general sale for this match

KingdomYid wrote: »
    got return from shannon for the same price :D Cheers Mullo

Great stuff Donal glad to help. Drop me a pm nearer to the time and see if we can sort a pint in the coach or Bill Nic before the game.

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    im booked in.

great call pal.

any idea when the tickets go on general sale for this match

glad to help. 26 Nov for general sale although being a family game say it will sell out prior to that as kids are half price throughout the ground. Is it only the one ticket you need as I can use my wifes membership and get you a ticket in the bronze pre sale. They go on sale 16 Nov so drop me a note before then if you want help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Great stuff Donal glad to help. Drop me a pm nearer to the time and see if we can sort a pint in the coach or Bill Nic before the game.

Will do man,cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Lads,

Just wondering, does this maybe clash with the FA Cup 3rd round or does anyone know what date that is???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dave11 wrote: »
    Lads,

Just wondering, does this maybe clash with the FA Cup 3rd round or does anyone know what date that is???

No, FA Cup is the first weekend in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

thanks for that, heading over too... cheers lads

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No, FA Cup is the first weekend in Jan.
    Good man Hatch just in before me for anyone interested FA Cup dates are
    Third Round Proper

Saturday 2 January 2010

Fourth Round Proper

Saturday 23 January 2010

Fifth Round Proper

Saturday 13 February 2010

Sixth Round Proper

Saturday 6 March 2010

Semi-Final

Saturday 10 April & Sunday 11 April 2010

Final

Saturday 15 May 2010

glad to help. 26 Nov for general sale although being a family game say it will sell out prior to that as kids are half price throughout the ground. Is it only the one ticket you need as I can use my wifes membership and get you a ticket in the bronze pre sale. They go on sale 16 Nov so drop me a note before then if you want help.

missus is coming too.

she hates me having fun on my own.

anyone can help out with 2 id apprciate it

missus is coming too.

she hates me having fun on my own.

anyone can help out with 2 id apprciate it

The only other membership I have is my sons junior one, never had prob buying adult tickets with it before and never asked for mem card but only ever took chance for myself. If no one else has a spare one we can use the junior one to buy an adult ticket.

thanks pal. i will try the old fahioned honest way first

Mullo/Keano, my 2 memberships are free for this one if need be.

Let me know and I'll PM Details.

Mullo/Keano, my 2 memberships are free for this one if need be.

Let me know and I'll PM Details.

2 seats together hatch?

the missus is fussy and doesnt wanna be on her own!

women eh?

2 seats together hatch?

the missus is fussy and doesnt wanna be on her own!

women eh?

Yeah once you log on with the 2 memberships, you'll get them together, one is in my name and the other in the queens name.

Monday and Tuesday 16th & 17th Nov is when they go on sale i think !

Yeah once you log on with the 2 memberships, you'll get them together, one is in my name and the other in the queens name.

Keano - just checking you have an account to buy tickets online?

If yes then you log into your ac pick stand and 2 tickets and when it gives you assign the two tickets to Hatches mem numbers. If not let me know and we can see what can be sorted.

cheers

If yes then you log into your ac pick stand and 2 tickets and when it gives you assign the two tickets to Hatches mem numbers. If not let me know and we can see what can be sorted.

cheers

Bang On, let us know what ye need keano !

thanks boys

• Advertisement

cheers
    yeah i have all the account numbers n that.

if you dont mind hatch can i still us your membership for the game?

appreciate it pal

if you dont mind hatch can i still us your membership for the game?

appreciate it pal

Will PM you, do you need both ?

yeah please.

myself and the missus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hows it goin lads...

just found this spurs section yesterday:o

im planning on going over to the Hull game by myself but its my first time going to WHL cause iv'e never had anyone to go with(poor excuse but im only 17)

iv a few questions so hopefully you dont mind answering them:D

what is the nearest airport and easiest to get to WHL?
    is it easy enough to get tickets going on general sale on the 26th.NOV?
    what section in the stadium would you advise going to?
    how do you get from the airport to WHL and what would the expenses be?
    i know tickets are around £40 and them cheap plane tickets how much more would you reccomend bringing with me?

sorry if some of them questions seem obvious just i couldnt really find any of the info explained well anywhere else:mad:

thanks for the help lads
    really do appriciate it:D

Eoin...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Emoran wrote: »
    Hows it goin lads...

just found this spurs section yesterday:o

im planning on going over to the Hull game by myself but its my first time going to WHL cause iv'e never had anyone to go with(poor excuse but im only 17)

iv a few questions so hopefully you dont mind answering them:D

what is the nearest airport and easiest to get to WHL?
    is it easy enough to get tickets going on general sale on the 26th.NOV?
    what section in the stadium would you advise going to?
    how do you get from the airport to WHL and what would the expenses be?
    i know tickets are around £40 and them cheap plane tickets how much more would you reccomend bringing with me?

sorry if some of them questions seem obvious just i couldnt really find any of the info explained well anywhere else:mad:

thanks for the help lads
    really do appriciate it:D

Eoin...

Hi Eoin, I've posted similar on the welcome thread, but have a look at this link for info:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055397405

1. Best airport is Stansted.
    2. Train direct from there to Tottenham Hale takes 30mins, then it's a 20 min walk to ground from there.
    3. Not always easy to get general sale tickets tbh, but I'm sure someone can lend you a membership to use to buy tickets when they go on sale to members.
    4. Best area to sit is the South Stand...lower teir you'll end up standing for most of the game, we are more civilised in the upper tier :D I sit in Block 41 right behind the goals, it's a great view.
    5. Train from Stansted will cost you £16 (there's a trick to this which I'll explain later) or if you tarvel at same time as myself or one or two others from here we can get it for a little over £10 (we have travel cards)
    6. Spending money? Up to yourself tbh, if you want to spend in club shop or buy a programme...a bite to eat and a drink (non-alcoholic ;) of course) won't break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hi Eoin, I've posted similar on the welcome thread, but have a look at this link for info:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055397405

1. Best airport is Stansted.
    2. Train direct from there to Tottenham Hale takes 30mins, then it's a 20 min walk to ground from there.
    3. Not always easy to get general sale tickets tbh, but I'm sure someone can lend you a membership to use to buy tickets when they go on sale to members.
    4. Best area to sit is the South Stand...lower teir you'll end up standing for most of the game, we are more civilised in the upper tier :D I sit in Block 41 right behind the goals, it's a great view.
    5. Train from Stansted will cost you £16 (there's a trick to this which I'll explain later) or if you tarvel at same time as myself or one or two others from here we can get it for a little over £10 (we have travel cards)
    6. Spending money? Up to yourself tbh, if you want to spend in club shop or buy a programme...a bite to eat and a drink (non-alcoholic ;) of course) won't break the bank.

Hi therecklessone really appriciate the help thanks alot...
    The travelling sounds alot easier then when it first sounded:D
    Hopefully all goes to plan

Are you going with ryanair aswell? what time plane are you getting if you are?

Really am looking forward to it hopefully spurs will have a repeat of there away game to Hull this year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

If you don't fancy the 20 min walk E you can stay on the train from Stanstead after Tottenham Hale the whole way to Liverpool street station, from there you can get a train to White Hart Lane station which is only 4 min walk from the ground. Train is only a couple of quid and no need for a return ticket as they don’t check at WHL on way back because trying to stop and check 1000’s just isn’t feasible. Its covered too on a London Travelcard anyway.

Ronan are you doing Hull game?

Eoin, I am going over to hull game.best flights are the 8.05 in the morning and the 20.05 back. Let us know if you are def going and I may be able to sort ticket. Have you a membership or account on ticket site?

Tickets to members are on sale mon so sooner you know the better.
    And other thing is if you have a atm card with the maestro/link symbol on it you can just use the atm in London and that way you wont get caught out.

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »
    If you don't fancy the 20 min walk E you can stay on the train from Stanstead after Tottenham Hale the whole way to Liverpool street station, from there you can get a train to White Hart Lane station which is only 4 min walk from the ground. Train is only a couple of quid and no need for a return ticket as they don’t check at WHL on way back because trying to stop and check 1000’s just isn’t feasible. Its covered too on a London Travelcard anyway.

only thing about this is if you are going over and back on the same day its handy to know your way walking as you would need to hop on the train straight after game and wouldnt have time to get back to liverpool st. I have been using Northumberland park lately and its very handy for getting back to Stansted.

Advertisement