Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hull game - 16jan cheap flights available

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Hi Mullo76,

How do you get from Northumberland Park back to Stansted. Do you have to get a train down to Tottenham Hale or is there a direct link from there to Stansted

Also guys, is there still a chance that this game will move for TV. I saw that Sky announced their January games but I am not sure if ESPN have yet. If it happens, there could be a meeting of the members of this forum somewhere in Tottenham for the day!! Irish Club perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

WHL wrote: »
    Hi Mullo76,

How do you get from Northumberland Park back to Stansted. Do you have to get a train down to Tottenham Hale or is there a direct link from there to Stansted

Also guys, is there still a chance that this game will move for TV. I saw that Sky announced their January games but I am not sure if ESPN have yet. If it happens, there could be a meeting of the members of this forum somewhere in Tottenham for the day!! Irish Club perhaps

Alright mate. On match days now they increase the freq from Northumberland. You have two options, 1. train back to Hale and on express. 2. train from Hale straight to stansted. Option 2 has more stops and takes about 45-50 mins rather than the 35 from hale but I find it handier as no changes etc. again you walk to Hale or even get train back and wait for next express you would are normally better off just getting the slower train.

Dont think this one will be moved but I will have a closer look at the fixture later. Some of the lads from here drink in the coach and horses on the high road. Def should try and get together.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Ronan are you doing Hull game?

Yes mate, on those flights you mentioned to Eoin.
    Hi Mullo76,

How do you get from Northumberland Park back to Stansted. Do you have to get a train down to Tottenham Hale or is there a direct link from there to Stansted.

Closer to the day of the game have a look at the National Rail website, there's a journey planner on it that will give you an idea of what time trains will stop at Northumberland Park after the game, every now and then they have a Stansted Express stop which can be really handy.

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye out this week as I am over for the Wigan game also

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye out this week as I am over for the Wigan game also

There'll be a good few of us travelling through Stansted for the game so give us a shout if you want to meet up at any point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Ronan are you doing Hull game?

Eoin, I am going over to hull game.best flights are the 8.05 in the morning and the 20.05 back. Let us know if you are def going and I may be able to sort ticket. Have you a membership or account on ticket site?

Tickets to members are on sale mon so sooner you know the better.
    And other thing is if you have a atm card with the maestro/link symbol on it you can just use the atm in London and that way you wont get caught out.

Mullo, im asked my brother to come with me so he's going to come along with me even though he's a United fan:o
    how hard is it to get tickets through the general sales?

i have the free membership dont have the bronze,lilywhite.... memberships
    i have already booked the plane tickets same time as you so should end up seeing you all in the airport

thanks for the offer for using your membership but that only sorts out one of the tickets doesn't it?
    il need two so hopefully i can get the tickets through general sale unless somebody on here has two memberships to spare but thats unlikely since the tickets are on sale tommorow

Emoran wrote: »
    thanks for the offer for using your membership but that only sorts out one of the tickets doesn't it?
    il need two so hopefully i can get the tickets through general sale unless somebody on here has two memberships to spare but thats unlikely since the tickets are on sale tommorow

I have a spare membership you can use. Have a word with Mark about using his and we'll arrange something.

There'll be a good few of us travelling through Stansted for the game so give us a shout if you want to meet up at any point.

Thanks for the offer. However I'll have to meet up with the extended family in the Irish Club so I mightn't get the opportunity. I am coming from Cork so will be in Stansted at about 9.30

Eoin, pm me your number when you get a chance and we will try and sort the two tickets for you. I have Recklessones spare mem no.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

There's still cheap flight tickets available for anyone whose interested.

Just checked Ryanair site and you fly in and out on the day for €21 inclusive of card processing charge.

Nearer the time, we should have a head count of who's going and try to arrange a meet.

• Advertisement

Just noticed the following on the Stansted Express website:

16 January 2010 - 17 January 2010
    Due to engineering work, a direct bus replacement service will be in operation between London Liverpool Street and Stansted Airport, with an approximate journey time of 1 hour.
    We apologise for any inconvenience and disruption to your journey.

What is the best alternative?

Always used taxi's before, time it takes to get back to Liverpool st and bus back to airport is too long. WHL cabs charge 50 each way. Last time there was 4 of us so 25 return, not that far off train prices. The car was a seven seater though so if we had more would have been cheaper. I will look into other options but for getting back to the airport this may be best, there seems to be quite a few going so we can prob sort something between us.

Just noticed the following on the Stansted Express website:

16 January 2010 - 17 January 2010
    Due to engineering work, a direct bus replacement service will be in operation between London Liverpool Street and Stansted Airport, with an approximate journey time of 1 hour.
    We apologise for any inconvenience and disruption to your journey.

What is the best alternative?

Just looked into this further and the engineering works are between London liverpool st and Seven Sisters/Chingford. This means that although the express cant run the line between Airport and Tottenham Hale is ok. There is a commuter line that runs to Northumberland park from stansted not as freq or quick as express but at moment it looks like it is running. There is one leaving stansted at 9.03,10.03,11.03 takes 48m to Northumberland park. (When you take out the 20 min walk back to WHL from Hale its just as quick), after the game there is one at 17.45 which will get you to stansted for 18.39, time for a pint before boarding. At moment they are only every hour but closer to the match I will check again as they generally increase the freq of trains after the game going stansted direction, I will also call them the week of game to be sure its running and if not sort plan B (Taxi sharing).

Advertisement