Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo From Slideshow

• 03-11-2009 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I have a dvd slideshow of photos from my travels in australia.

My computer died so i have lost all of the original copies. Is there anyway i can copy some of the photos from the slideshow?

Thanks
    Damian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

stumpydee wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a dvd slideshow of photos from my travels in australia.

My computer died so i have lost all of the original copies. Is there anyway i can copy some of the photos from the slideshow?

Thanks
    Damian

Shouldn't be a problem. Depends what type of slideshow it is. If you open the DVD on a PC (If it's setup to autorun you'll probably have to right click -> browse/explore the DVD). This will show you all the files. Some slideshows will have all the images stored directly on the DVD so you might be able to copy them straight off.

If you can get to the DVD first and let us know what type of "slideshow" it is (or what the contents of the DVD are) we may be able to figure it out faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

What do you mean by 'computer died'?
    If your hard drive is not fried, it could be as simple as accessing your hard drive via another computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Slidinginfinity has a very good point actually. Might be a case of holding onto the harddrive and just pop it into your new PC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

That is such a hard way to learn about backing up.

Often the data can be recovered. This is the route I would try first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stumpydee

hi,

I had the photos on my laptop its fairly old and the guy at the computer shop said there wasn't much chance of getting anything from it.

Not sure about putting the hard drive into another laptop.

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement