Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Crystal Clear" filtered water

Options
  • 03-11-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi all.
    We buy our water bottled (due to Lead pipes) but the "CrystalClear.ie" water dispenser in Supervalu, Father Griffin road is Out of Order at the mo and their website seems to have disappeared. Anyone know any alternative locations for filtered water dispensers in the city???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Joyces of Knocknacarra have one, have not used it though so can't give an opinion on the price, water quality etc. It's just inside the main doors on the left under the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

+1 for Joyces

also know of one in Centra in Roscam, last time I was there...

price for both is 1euro for 5liter I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

One in Supervalu Ballybane and Doughuisce Centra..altho that's probably too far for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Tesco have one as well, if you are in that way

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Tesco do 2 litre bottles of Clearview Spring water for 29c each. That works out cheaper than dispensper water as far as I know. It's very handy to get it delivered every week if you're buying alot. There are regularly coupons on the Bargain Alerts forum here on boards for free delivery from Tesco or €10/€5 off if you buy online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

This is worrying.

I'm guessing you're renting? If so, is the landlord not responsible for ensuring you have a clean water supply?
    If you're the owner, what's stopping you replacing the pipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

po0k wrote: »
    This is worrying.

I'm guessing you're renting? If so, is the landlord not responsible for ensuring you have a clean water supply?
    If you're the owner, what's stopping you replacing the pipes?

I'd imagine that alot of people, landlords and homeowners, are not in a position to afford replacing pipes this year.

Does anyone know around how much a job like that might cost incidently?

Are people still drinking as much bottled water as they used to in Galway? Most people I know are still buying water and avoiding drinking from the tap whenever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

chilly wrote: »
    I'd imagine that alot of people, landlords and homeowners, are not in a position to afford replacing pipes this year.

Does anyone know around how much a job like that might cost incidently?

Indeed. The job depends entirely on the situation you're in. Our house has a concrete veranda type thing at the back that some idiot decided was a good idea so replacing is not going to be easy or cheap.
    Tesco might possibly be the closest even though I haven't shopped since I started "Buying Irish" all the time. But hey the water will be Irish :)

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions and comments all.
    :):):)

Advertisement