Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I played it there and i found it very enjoyable, I'm only going to pick it up if one or two friends get it too

that is the problem with left 4 dead isnt it?

Its a game where knowing someone else playing it makes it worthwhile.

Its why I gave the first one a miss on my 360, gave up trying to convince those on my friends list to pick it up, and opted for the friends I knew who had it on the pc instead.

Hopefully with a demo the 2nd one might be an easier sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    that is the problem with left 4 dead isnt it?

Its a game where knowing someone else playing it makes it worthwhile.

Its why I gave the first one a miss on my 360, gave up trying to convince those on my friends list to pick it up, and opted for the friends I knew who had it on the pc instead.

Hopefully with a demo the 2nd one might be an easier sale.

the first one had a demo,
    but i get where your coming from.

meducation wrote: »
    the first one had a demo,
    but i get where your coming from.

it did?

I bloody missed that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Find a group of people to play it with, makes it so much better again.
    I'll be playing it bucketloads on both platforms if anyone needs more L4D pals. I have plenty of people I play with on either platform so you'll get in on some games.

L4D1 had a demo but it was essentially disabled when the game came out, so that's why you might have missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Not the best time to release it seems as MW2 is out one week previous.
    Im a big fan of the original and played L4D and have played it more than COD4 but probably wont be getting it on launch day.
    Will defo be picking it up as I can play co-op split screen online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

just played the demo and its fantastic! i know its too soon after the daddy of games - cod mw2 comes out but l4d2 is just so silky when your playing - its a close call between the 2 IMO! gaming at the mo is fantastic and borderlands whoo my wife hasnt seen me in a week lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

I'll be getting this launch day without a doubt, MW2 will be thrown to the corner :)

had a really cool moment in the demo the other day. Had a vile of boomer bile(bile bomb) and heard the Tank music, thought to myself, ill throw the bile bomb to distract the common infected so at least i dont have to worry about them and the Tank, but i hit the Tank with the bile and his outline went purple (same as when a survivor is puked on) and the common infected all attacked the Tank!

Nothing major but i thought it was a cool touch, I've since done the same to a Witch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

Played the demo yeah its good. witch wanders around in this one so its easy to shoot her by accident :P. Tank is the same tbh. The new guns are brilliant and so is the machete but the rest of the melee weapons aren't anything special. Very laggy

Lovin the bile bombs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Enjoyed the demo. Didn't venture across a tank at any point - plenty of Chargers though! Liked the wandering witch - harder to pick her out because she wasn't glowing either. Ended up shooting her but was able to take her down without any damage.

Not sure about the sharpened melee weapons - baton fits, pan fits...sword doesn't really. Plus it's a bit easier - got hit by Boomer and had no ammo, just kept slashing and survived...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

tbh id go for dual pistols or magnum unless you find a machete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Is there that much of a diff from first one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Harder to see 2 of the characters ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

I have 2 tickets for the launch event for this game on Fri 13th November in the Sugar Club, Leeson St Dublin 2.

Doors open at 6pm and consists of a game preview (60-90mins) and then a free screening of the classic horror Dawn of the Dead.
    Complimentary food and drink will be provided.

I can't make it because I have to work so the 1st person to post a pic of a sexy zombie chic gets the tickets.
    Please don't post unless you are sure you can go to the event.

Kind Regards

gobsheen.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

If you've already got the first one I can't see the point in picking this up, it's essentially the same bar some tweaks. As has been mentioned online play is fun for a while but I found I tired of it very quickly and the sequel will be more of the same.

okla wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets for the launch event for this game on Fri 13th November in the Sugar Club, Leeson St Dublin 2.

Doors open at 6pm and consists of a game preview (60-90mins) and then a free screening of the classic horror Dawn of the Dead.
    Complimentary food and drink will be provided.

I can't make it because I have to work so the 1st person to post a pic of a sexy zombie chic gets the tickets.
    Please don't post unless you are sure you can go to the event.

Me me me!

zombie-girl-sexy.jpg

Bonus: my favourite chick zombie, Mindy Clarke in Return of the Living Dead 3!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭okla

pm'd Koneko.

Enjoy the night, let me know what it was like.

gobsheen.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How did I manage to miss that post, would have loved to have gone :/

Enjoy yourself Koneko. You're a bigger zombie fan than me so deserve them more.

Man you don't even know, my love for zombies borders on inappropriate. Plus DotD is one of my favourite movies.

I got to meet Chet Faliszek (from Valve) a few times at the EG Expo, he's the nicest dude.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

:D The Resi 2 tat looks great. You definately deserve those tickets.

• Advertisement

Looks like I'm going t the L4D2 event thanks to the charity of a kind soul. Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Oh yeah...one gripe with the demo is that it doesn't give statistics at the end.......I love statistics :D

Intro vid is quite enjoyable! Put me off playing the Southener - weakness for getting caught by any Special Infected!

🤪

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like I'm going t the L4D2 event thanks to the charity of a kind soul. Can't wait.

You'll HAVE to say hi :D

I think I remember what you look like from one of the boards beers from years ago. I was however scandalously drunk. I suppose I can't miss that tat :)

I was surprised how ahrd it was to find one of my mates to go. Free food and drink for gods sake. They all expected it to be a big gaming convention or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Got a mail there confirming I have tickets to it as well so looking forward to it now. Haven't seen Dawn of the Dead in an age so will be great to see it again. I missed it when it was on at the horrorthon a year or so ago.

Dragging myself away from MW2 for a night won't be such a bad thing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

djkeogh wrote: »
    Got a mail there confirming I have tickets to it as well so looking forward to it now. Haven't seen Dawn of the Dead in an age so will be great to see it again. I missed it when it was on at the horrorthon a year or so ago.

Dragging myself away from MW2 for a night won't be such a bad thing either.

I'm going to this too thanks to movies.ie

Pretty much guarantees that i'll be getting L4D2 next week.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

hmm I was offered a +1 and said I might not make it...tempted now to change my tune just so I can meet the infamous retrogamer.

I don't want to disappoint anyone but the schoolgirl outfit is staying at home. I think I'll wear my zombie repellent Resident Evil t-shirt for the occassion if I can find it.

Ima wear my "Zombie My Little Pony" tshirt
    Come over and say hi

The tat isn't on public display but I'll show you if you ask nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Whats the release date for this bad boy????

Advertisement