Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some things that are bothering me at the moment

• 03-11-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

1. Are they ever going to be finished the repairs on the Tourism/Hospitality area?!

2. Why are there still broken computers in the Open Access? I agree that it has improved greatly in the last year, but it's still packed in there from 11-3.

3. The cafeteria is still also really busy from 12-2. More seating is needed

4. People in the library. SHUT UP! This is a place to study not a place to catch up on The Hills and laugh your asses off while taking up those nice big tables!

5. I really don't get how people can't lift the seat and not flush after themselves. Where the hell did you grow up you complete and utter twat?!

I feel better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

6. Please fix the back row of seats in B282 - getting on my nerve people pushing and falling off them in class :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Vinta81 wrote: »
    6. Please fix the back row of seats in B282 - getting on my nerve people pushing and falling off them in class :mad:

Haha yes I've noticed that. I always forget and go straight to the back though.

It's so bloody annoying :( especially when lads "rock the row" - grow up:(

They need to sort out the other atrium asap, it's absolutely ridiculous a 3rd Level Institute can't accomodate their students at lunchtime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

How my stupid student card doesn't open doors that I have classes in!!!! :mad:

How my stupid student card doesn't open doors that I have classes in!!!! :mad:

Although I *think* if you go to the Card office, next to Repographics you can get them to activate it for the rooms you need!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Nope coz we're media students they should only let us into the media dept rooms but some of our classes are in other departments eg. business, computer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

blow69 wrote: »
    1. Are they ever going to be finished the repairs on the Tourism/Hospitality area?!

2. Why are there still broken computers in the Open Access? I agree that it has improved greatly in the last year, but it's still packed in there from 11-3.

3. The cafeteria is still also really busy from 12-2. More seating is needed

4. People in the library. SHUT UP! This is a place to study not a place to catch up on The Hills and laugh your asses off while taking up those nice big tables!

5. I really don't get how people can't lift the seat and not flush after themselves. Where the hell did you grow up you complete and utter twat?!

I feel better.

1. Walk through there today and it looks like its almost finished. It looks pretty nice with the paving stones down. I though they were just going to leave it the way it was.

2. Man that Open Access place is dodgy out. I go there out of a last resort. Also it seems to f**k memory sticks. My buddy used his in there today to put a group project on his and then it wouldn't open in any other lab. Last semester it wiped a friends memory stick in there. Also whats with ALL of the feckin chairs being broken. U can't set the backs on them at all and why is there a wood bar running down along underneath the tables. U can't fit in unless u put the seat really low. The Same computer tables in the other labs don't have them so why do these?

3. I've wondering that for ages. they could just open up like half of the west atrium between 12-2 and then close it off and there would be no problem. Lots of times you have to wonder around for 5-10mins to find a seat a lunch time

4. I don't go into the Library anymore. i can't concentrate there at all with all noise. its quieter in the computer labs even

Also one other thing, why don't they put a water fountain in the IT building like the one they have by the canteen?

Why they unlocked the a number of the computing department labs in the IT building. Now people from any department can come in and take up all the computers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

suppafly wrote: »
    1. Walk through there today and it looks like its almost finished. It looks pretty nice with the paving stones down. I though they were just going to leave it the way it was.

2. Man that Open Access place is dodgy out. I go there out of a last resort. Also it seems to f**k memory sticks. My buddy used his in there today to put a group project on his and then it wouldn't open in any other lab. Last semester it wiped a friends memory stick in there. Also whats with ALL of the feckin chairs being broken. U can't set the backs on them at all and why is there a wood bar running down along underneath the tables. U can't fit in unless u put the seat really low. The Same computer tables in the other labs don't have them so why do these?

Yeah it does look nice now. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

I know how you feel. I always bang my knee off those tables and it hurts like hell and it's not like you can yell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samsung22

The library is the most retarted thing about the whole of CIT.
    For a start, they have their reception right inside in the library itself so all day long you can hear the phones ringing and even worse the ensuing conversations!

On top of that you have to take a long walk to the toilets if the need arises and make sure not to forget your student card in the library before you go in order to get back in again afterwards!

<snip>

Nice to get that off my chest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

3. I've wondering that for ages. they could just open up like half of the west atrium between 12-2 and then close it off and there would be no problem. Lots of times you have to wonder around for 5-10mins to find a seat a lunch time
    I will go and have my lunch after 13:30 as this is the only time that you can find a seat easily.

Why they unlocked the a number of the computing department labs in the IT building. Now people from any department can come in and take up all the computers
    thats the reason why they lost alot of stuff in the IT lab.

and also something more
    >there have at least 2 computers arent working in each IT lab.
    >dont have the software that we need for the class.
    >something about the admin things for the vmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

There's exams going on now in the Atrium. Guessing that's going stay permanent now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 samsung22

<SNIP>!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Unfort it has to be done because things happened before in another CIT forum that caused it to be shut down due to lecturers being mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Unfort it has to be done because things happened before in another CIT forum that caused it to be shut down due to lecturers being mentioned.

Those forums were very active and brought back after several users pushed for it but it wasnt the same after the months it was away.

IMO its better for everyone to have an independently run discussion forum, not run by any one group.

Advertisement