Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clancy Quay beside Heuston Station? (Old thread)

Options
  • 03-11-2009 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anyone know whats going on with this development, doesnt seem to have changed in a year, are all the apartments sold or is the developer gone bust or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 splod999

Wish I knew. My girlfriend signed contracts there two and a half years agoand is in a world of panic about whats going on. Obviousle the values have plummeted but she is can only get a mortgage for the market value. They look nearly ready to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pandapk

It seems to be up in the air with this development, i called Sherry Fitzgerald a couple of times to see i could get some answers but i was told that the lady who deals with them would call me back but never has!

When my girlfriend called she was told all is going well and that the developement is "on track". There were no mention of the values or what the purchasers are going to do or inideed whether negotiations are being considered. Its all a bit scary really. Have you bought there or are you interested?

Haven't bought there but would be interested, Good location, any idea when they are going to be finished now?

• Advertisement

Id say close to Christmas, or shortly afterwards. It is a deadly location. I live nearby and the park and the war memorial garden are great to have close by. Also you are 20 mins walk to O'Connell Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

splod999 wrote: »
    Id say close to Christmas, or shortly afterwards. It is a deadly location. I live nearby and the park and the war memorial garden are great to have close by.

Yeah with all those superb facilities nearby, oh wait no there isn't any is there?! Maybe a few will open up in the development, maybe not, but there are none beside you.
    splod999 wrote: »
    Also you are 20 mins walk to O'Connell Bridge.

Maybe for an olympic sprinter, but most people don't walk at a pace of 12 km/h.

Funny that! I dont recall mentioning anything about facilities, certainly not "superb ones". Its nice to have two big parks nearby is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I lived in the apartment block next to it (Riverbank House) for about 2 years. I moved out because of the construction work going on in Clancy Quay:mad: Apart from that it is a nice area and Memorial Park is one of the cities hidden secrets.
    Only problem is there are absolutely no shops around there- the nearest is a 12 minute walk involving crossing the N4 dual carriageway up to the Spar in Kilmainham.
    I think there are supposed to be shops in Clancy but Id imagine the developers are having a hard time finding tenants to sign a lease, especially as not all the residents are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I live across the road in Bellevue and can say that while being close to the Memorial Park and the Phoenix Park is great the fact that their are no shops near to here is a total bummer!

Myself and many more residents were looking forward to Clancy Quay and all the proposed shops and extra amenities it was supposed to bring! Feck the recession anyhow!!

Edit: Who is the agent looking after the sale of these?

• Advertisement

The lack of shops is a pain but the new criminal courts could turn things around. There would be nore people there durinig the day. That new cafe Junos on parkgate street is really nice and its open late weekdays and Saturdays. I cant see a whole lot of traders scrambling to get into Clancy Quay but it would be handy for those living in the area. Purchasers are going to have to wait and see whats on the cards and pray for a reduction in the contract prices.

I agree. Called Hooke and McDonald earlier and they said they were launching these next February (I assume they are the ones not already bought off plans)! Left my e-mail address fro him to send me the floor plans etc but got nothing yet.....

There used to be a website, something like www.clancyquay.com but I can't find it anymore??

There will be a lot of people who have signed contracts biting their nails this February then.

Here is a link to the brochure if its any use;

http://www.hookemcdonald.ie/uploadedfiles/pdf/40442%20Clancy%20Quay%20brochure%281%29.pdf

I wonder what the discount will be if they are selling the remaining units in 2010.

I would imagine the prices will have decreased significantly, I would guess around 200,000 for a one bed and 250,000 for two beds.Is there a college in this development?

Considering the 2 beds started at 480k when they were released that would be some drop. God help those trying to get a mortgage to follow through on the contracts already signed!!

Bekett College have either offices or their whole operation there. The blocks nearest the road are all in use at the moment. It must be Bekett that are using them. It looks nice at night when its lit up.

Yep, a College was supposed to be opening anyhow. There is a sign for it out front.

The College in the development is this one - http://www.beckettcollege.com/bcd/index.html

Is there any news regarding these apartments does anyone know? Have they all been sold??

Cheers,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

madmoe wrote: »
    The College in the development is this one - http://www.beckettcollege.com/bcd/index.html
    That is one strange college, with reports of course(s) not having any recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

Does anyone have any updated information on Clancy Quay?

Friend of mine bought an apartment off the plans a few years ago there, according to the contracts it was meant to be finished/handed over last week, but he hasn't heard anything from the developer or their solicitors. Obviously in the same boat as everyone else with regards banks and mortgages etc and pretty worried about the whole thing.

It looks like a ghost town down there at the moment! They look like they are all finished as far as I can see! Maybe the developers are holding out for NAMA or are forced too??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Does anyone have any updated information on Clancy Quay?

Friend of mine bought an apartment off the plans a few years ago there, according to the contracts it was meant to be finished/handed over last week, but he hasn't heard anything from the developer or their solicitors. Obviously in the same boat as everyone else with regards banks and mortgages etc and pretty worried about the whole thing.

if i was your friend id be looking at a way of getting out of the deal. Id be having my solicitors checking the contract for a loophole to get out. who wants to pay bubble prices today ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭conorhal

I live just opposite them.
    The frontage on the Liffy has been landscaped and the lighting is in, making it look quite attractive, but there's not a soul in the river front apartments yet. Phase one fronting onto the road at Island bridge is, according to the advertising hording 40% sold!, but I see very, very few occupied units.
    The apartments themselves are typical of the shoe-box apartments that were built during the Celtic tiger era, they were initially delayed in the planning stage because the units were deemed to be too small, but looking at them completed, I can't even imagine how small they must have been before redesign!
    They have a 'balcony' that about two people could stand on (shoulder to shoulder), most have the classic space saving a kitchen/living room, and they are rather off putting goldfish bowls, acres of glass that make you feel as if you're living in a window box, and provides little insulation for those north facing river front apartments (which are electric storage heated, an expensive nightmare come winter time I’d imagine).

While the river front apartments are finished, no shop units are occupied and the rest of the development is still a building site stretching back to the rail lines, and I'd not expect much further work to be done in the current environment, including completion of the proposed green area by the train tracks (yes every train coming and going from Hueston goes through your back yard and goods trains run through the night over the metal rail bridge that goes under the phoenix park and it sits right on top no more then 20 ft from the end block of apartments).

They are also an open to the street development likely to attract an antisocial element from the surrounding area.

The place looks like a NAMA ghost estate at the moment, I’d avoid it like the plague until it was completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Clients of mine have just been notified that their apartment has been completed and is ready to close

They seem to have taken away the barriers that stopped one from walking down the full length of the development and there are flags up now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Amyh86

Hi guys,

I've worked on these apartments and there is no storage heating just radiators. Having said that there is plenty of glass which can obviously result in heat loss as Conorhal has said. Quality of apartments is quite good with regard to finishing, electrics all chrome throughout with down lighters in living rooms, bathrooms and kitchens. Tiling is of good quality too.

I'd have to say that I found balconies fine with regards to size. 1 beds are quite small but what 1 bed isn't! Two levels of underground car parking is handy too

Good to hear! Wonder when they will be up for sale?

Hi folks. My gf has had her completion notice served. The finance wad pulled by the bank a few months back so as it stands she and hence both of Us are in limbo and a panicked one at that. Are there any other purchasers out there? It's very quiet re this dev!

I'd say a lot of buyers are in the same boat!

Any word of any firesale of these apartments taking place, doesnt seem to be anyone living there at all?

• Advertisement

What is a firesale lads?

Advertisement