Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clancy Quay beside Heuston Station? (Old thread)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Gross yield of 4-5% is a bit tight really. In the current risky market, it would take more than that to tempt investors.

Article in IT.

One bit got my attention:
    The strong rental market in the city and the high quality fit-outs in all the apartments has meant that not only are they easy to let but they are attracting better than expected rents of €1,100 for one beds; €1,400 for two-beds and €1,650 for three-beds.
    What are they smoking? You can get two beds in Bellevue and Bridgewater for their prospective pricing for one beds!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hannibal6.0

gaius c wrote: »
    Article in IT.

One bit got my attention:

What are they smoking? You can get two beds in Bellevue and Bridgewater for their prospective pricing for one beds!

Yeah but then you have to live in Bellevue or Bridgewater....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah but then you have to live in Bellevue or Bridgewater....
    Please don't drag up old thread to make one line quips

Bellevue is lovely just in case you were wondering.
    And Bridgewater is a fine mature gated development.

A friend is living in Clancy Quay and while my eyes watered when I heard what he's paying for his tiny one-bed, he seems happy enough with it. Car park is grand. If a shop goes at the front, it might become a decent place to live. Think the bus service is well down from what it was a few years back. Most buses now run on Con Colbert road with the frequency of services on Connigham (and South Circular itself) drastically reduced.

A pet peeve of his is that the complex is totally open and anyone can walk in. He said there were people having picnics on the balcony yoke above the river!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

gaius c wrote: »
    Bellevue is lovely just in case you were wondering.
    And Bridgewater is a fine mature gated development.

I agree. The weirside gardens in Bellevue are some of the nicest you will see in any apartment complex anywhere. I'd say Clancy quay apartments are better spec in terms of fixtures and fittings, but Bellevue is built soundly and Clancy Quay not worth the extra IMO

Advertisement