Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Weekender giving High vis vests for "free"

Options
  • 03-11-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, Sligo weekender has teamed up with Connacht gold to give out high visibility vests for free to their readers. I say free, you have to collect tokens from the paper to actually receive the vest. It is a good initiative and well done on them for setting something like this up, but are the council not providing people with them for free??

I am from monaghan and spend most of my time in sligo. In monaghan the council have up on 3000 high vis vests to give out to anyone who wants them. It's a great idea especialy for someone like me who goes running in the evening when it is needed, I also got some for the local boxing club because the members go running at 7 and 8 o clock at night so they are very useful.

So, are the council in sligo offering these vests for free thus making the weekenders offer quite trivial, or has it come down to companies in the area to have to supply these items to us?

Link to the story:
    http://www.sligoweekender.com/news/story/?trs=mhsnmhidmh&cat=news

Comments

That still won't persuade me to buy that rag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Ha Ha, I actually don't think it's too bad, the champion is good too, I like reading both of them.

They are a hell of a lot better than the local monaghan paper "the northern standard" now that is a pile of muck.

You also have the sligo post for free, it was €2.00 for the monaghan post, I refused to buy it on the principal that their sister paper was free in Sligo and other counties.......It seemed to have an effect cos it just closed down two weeks ago.

The Sligo Post is a load of rubbish,it and the monthly Sky magazine go straight into the recycle bin!

Advertisement