Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hayshed

• 03-11-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭

I know its been mentioned here before about lads looking for old sheds but anyone know how much a new hayshed would cost, or can they still be got or whats the best value large farm type shed that can be put up nowadays

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A frame sheds is what is built today instead of round roof haysheds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭annubis

when you say A frame Sam do you mean a building like a standard slatted shed with passage in middle and bays either side?

No it's like a back to back lento without any posts inside the shed, they are also called portal frame buildings. As for the price a 60'x40' is €6,500 + vat a good place to look would be the farm buildings in classifieds section of the farmers journal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Sam Kade wrote: »
    No it's like a back to back lento without any posts inside the shed, they are also called portal frame buildings. As for the price a 60'x40' is €6,500 + vat a good place to look would be the farm buildings in classifieds section of the farmers journal.

Is this the price for a complete shed - as in RSJs, timbers & sheeting, plus installation.

Or is it just materials?

Is this the price for a complete shed - as in RSJs, timbers & sheeting, plus installation.

Or is it just materials?
    I don't know I saw it in a farmers journal. I would assume that it is for the materials in a kit and you erect the shed yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement