Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

media

Options
  • 03-11-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

I wonder why the media haven’t picked up on this mess with the new licensing and the fact that due to the legislation been rushed in has caused peoples FA's to become illegal .

they were quick enough to applauded the action taken at the time why not the mess that has been made of it .

Darr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Hopefully that will be co-ordinated by the NGBs rather some angry young men fulfilling a sensationalist reporters wildest fantasies.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

In case your suggesting I was about to do that , then think again. Also they didn’t need our/my input the last time to laude the government/Minister for justice for their actions

I asked I wonder why it hasn’t been already.

As for our NGB's (and yes I’m a member of 2 ) I remain to be convinced that PR matters are handled well.
    Darr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Darr wrote: »
    or our NGB's (and yes I’m a member of 2 ) I remain to be convinced that PR matters are handled well.
    Darr

As Do I.
    If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
    But make allowance for their doubting too,
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ‘em up with worn-out tools:
    If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breath a word about your loss;

I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs...
    ...then you probably don't understand the severity of the situation.

This "wiser older heads" thing is a total myth I'm afraid. The worst excesses we've seen over the last two decades have originated in heads that were long past the age of majority, and were protested most strongly by far younger voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Sparks,

For years I have seen your threads and I always had a hope that you were wrong. Airing on the positive side of course.

It has come to pass that you have been right on so many points.

What I have noticed recently is the "Hush hush" when you ask the question. Has anyone been re-licensed and the secrecy around the whole issue.

What kind of culture have we made for ourselves?
    But lets keep positive. I'm taking names for WA 1500 Catapult Competition down the back field for 2015. I'm sure we will have Catapults then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Sorry if its bigger than .308 or bigger than .22 for a short catapult, then it restricted!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

Kimber wrote: »
    Sparks,

For years I have seen your threads and I always had a hope that you were wrong. Airing on the positive side of course.

What I have noticed recently is the "Hush hush" when you ask the question. Has anyone been re-licensed and the secrecy around the whole issue.

But lets keep positive. I'm taking names for WA 1500 Catapult Competition down the back field for 2015. I'm sure we will have Catapults then.

Hmm…catapults, I wonder how they got missed:

Dáil Éireann - Volume 394 - 14 December, 1989
    Firearms and Offensive Weapons Bill, 1989 [ Seanad ]: Second Stage

Deputy Gerry O'Sullivan asked whether catapults and other dangerous articles should be controlled or banned altogether. This will be looked at, but the Deputy will appreciate that catapults have legitimate uses.

Nearly no catapults if Gerry had got his way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Sparks,

Kimber. I have had my eyes opened, to the workings of some in this country. All because of the love of my sport and hobby. I work hard, enjoy life and love to shoot. I was a happy, go, lucky lad and seen the positive in all situations. My eyes were opened lately. Ignorance and political scoring are very much alive in this country. And the ones involved dont care who they have to stand on to further their own careers. It has come to the stage where I would be happy, to leave this country, sooner then watch it rot from the inside out.

All I ever wanted, was a fare hearing, and some level of understanding, for my passion, my sport, my life. In return I got kicked in the lower regions. I think I was born 50yrs to late!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sparks wrote: »
    ...then you probably don't understand the severity of the situation.

This "wiser older heads" thing is a total myth I'm afraid. The worst excesses we've seen over the last two decades have originated in heads that were long past the age of majority, and were protested most strongly by far younger voices.

Yesterday's men is the expression I think you want.
    BMan
    Was wondering when Mr Kipling[The baker of exceedlingly fine cakes:) ] was going to be quoted here.Very approiate to the situation.Now who will walk with kings,and not lose the common touch

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

chem wrote: »
    Kimber. I have had my eyes opened, to the workings of some in this country. All because of the love of my sport and hobby. I work hard, enjoy life and love to shoot. I was a happy, go, lucky lad and seen the positive in all situations. My eyes were opened lately. Ignorance and political scoring are very much alive in this country. And the ones involved dont care who they have to stand on to further their own careers. It has come to the stage where I would be happy, to leave this country, sooner then watch it rot from the inside out.

All I ever wanted, was a fare hearing, and some level of understanding, for my passion, my sport, my life. In return I got kicked in the lower regions. I think I was born 50yrs to late!

Ahh Chem,
    Indeed you speak the words of truth. I too have thought of leaving this country because of the Rot that this country seems to thrive on.
    Everything and every institution is rotten to the core.
    Yes a simple life is what anyone wants to live and should be allowed to do. But the wheels and cogs that make the rot go round wont allow that to happen.

Many moons ago in primary school I remember the teacher teaching us that Ireland was the land of Saints and Scholars. Maybe one time. But in my mind Ireland is the land of Gangsters and the Corruption. Sad really.

We can all threaten to vote in or vote out who we wish during election time. It wont make a difference to the Cogs of Rot that still turn around. There is an old institution behind the scenes that do not change with elections and do not change because of elections.
    Always there and will always be there. But the Rot is in other countries also. Maybe not to the same degree.

A prime example of the Rot in its early stages and I will quote these words from this mans mouth.
    "We are all living way above our means".
    Aired on TV along time ago but a monument milestone in the rot in this country.

From that to today. These people will challenge their expenses with the smugness as if totally unapproachable and will not atone for their deeds.

You or I for the love of a sport have no chance of curing a Rot that does not want to be cured nor is there an anti-biotic available.

There will be a day of reckoning. But not in our lifetime I'd say. The next generation or generation after of Irish. Our kids, kids wont stand for it. Bet on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Yesterday's men is the expression I think you want.
    BMan
    Was wondering when Mr Kipling[The baker of exceedlingly fine cakes:) ] was going to be quoted here.Very approiate to the situation.Now who will walk with kings,and not lose the common touch

A Kipling quote, more appropriate for our situation, might be:

"To the legion of the lost ones, to the cohort of the dammed" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Many moons ago in primary school I remember the teacher teaching us that Ireland was the land of Saints and Scholars. Maybe one time. But in my mind Ireland is the land of Gangsters and the Corruption. Sad really.

And I remember mine saying a certain mr J Connelly quoting;
    ".For I fear we will swop the tryanny of the Crown for that of the Harp."
    Maybe he did say somthing prophetic there??He did also mention somthing about holding onto arms for that event.:rolleyes:

A prime example of the Rot in its early stages and I will quote these words from this mans mouth.
    "We are all living way above our means".
    Aired on TV along time ago but a monument milestone in the rot in this country
    But then when that man was found to be importing arms to usurp a State and other criminal activities ,he was carried out of the four courts shoulder high by the FOOLS of this Nation.The same FOOLS who voted him into power,numerous times...When such cheap crookery by an even cheap crook like that would have ended his career in a Jail cell at best,or just been assinated at worst anywhere else in the civillised world... When his blatant criminal activities were dismissed as "ah shure,he is a great man,and has done alot for the Irish."Like what exactly????
    The ultimate Gombeen man lived like an Irish Lord ,used our banking system as his personal ATM,Remember "Cant pay...Wont pay!?
    and still it continues to this day...We are the ultimate FOOLS to tolerate this anty further.If we keep insisting on electing crooks and Gombeen men and women to run us.Can we expect no other????
    There will be a day of reckoning. But not in our lifetime I'd say. The next generation or generation after of Irish. Our kids, kids wont stand for it. Bet on it.
    That sentiment is the curse of the Irish!! I reckon there was somone at all points of the most dismal Irish history who said ,"our kids wont stand for it,shure it wont be in our lifetime."

I suggest on Easter Sunday 2016,we just do what the Soviet Union did.Furl up the tri color,run up the EU flag and hand the whole mess over to direct rule to Brussels,and Ireland fades into the history books.We've had a go at independance at that date for a hundred years,and all we have done is make a hames of it,and showed ourselves totally incapable of running a nation.:(:(

I am totally ASHAMED of being an Irishman these days!!:(:(:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

2021 (end of War of Independence/Tan War) will be 100 years or 2037 (establishment of the Republic) depending on your politics ....... technically speaking :p

When we first took EU money we lost our independence :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

2021 (end of War of Independence/Tan War) will be 100 years or 2037 (establishment of the Republic) depending on your politics ....... technically speaking :p

When we first took EU money we lost our independence :(
    Independence is a myth. Only the most powerful are truly independent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    But then when that man was found to be importing arms to usurp a State and other criminal activities ,he was carried out of the four courts shoulder high

Don't you mean acquitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

The only justice carried out by the courts here, is carried out on the honest men. Ones who go to work, pay their way in life and respect others. These are the men who are in the middle of the spectrum. Between the scum lords and the upper classes.

The middle man pays his parking fine, pleads guilty to speeding and is ashamed to be in a court room.

Both other ends know how to work the system;)

Do you know what chem.
    We are all honest people here because we are trusted to own and use firearms.

Most of us have never seen been in Court to answer a charge as we are honest people. But in the next few months we will be in Court trying to convince a Judge that we are trust worthy, safe and wont be a threat to the general public.

Ohh by the way your Honor, I was licensed by the state before to have this firearm. I know I am not a criminal so what has changed really your Honor since then.

AAhh mmmm. The state is afraid that your "weapon" will fall into the hands of criminals.

Your Honor: Would that not be an attack on me then, if it pleases the Court. My weapon or waffen is only for my wifes hand your Honor.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ohh by the way your Honor, I was licensed by the state before to have this firearm. I know I am not a criminal so what has changed really your Honor since then.

What has changed really? Well, there have been one or two changes.

Ya Born 2 Kill,
    Well aware of the document. We all are.

What has changed with the licensee of the firearm.
    Nothing. Sweet f all.:D

What has changed with the licensee of the firearm.

That wasn't the original question you posed to the judge. Having to establish that a restricted firearm is the only one suitable for purpose is one hell of a big change even if nothing has changed in respect of the applicant. By the way, its 'BornToKill' :p.

• Advertisement

Oh for the love of God in Heaven.
    Why does everything people say on this forum need to be dissected and debated.

Humor just humor what ever your handle is. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Oh for the love of God in Heaven.
    Why does everything people say on this forum need to be dissected and debated.

Humor just humor what ever your handle is. :confused:
    OK, so all of what you said 'in court' is not true.

Good start that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

rrpc wrote: »

your honor, he's only a grandfather wanting to renew his bap:p

Firearms Licence Renewal Information => Please

rrpc wrote: »

Always a good start the foreplay...
    Especially the part when my wife handles my weapon or waffen
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement