Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marine Ply in Dublin/Meath

Options
  • 03-11-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey all, does anyone know where I'd get A-A Grade Marine Ply?? I tried McCann & Byrne's in Meath but they said they dont stock it.

Thanks in Advance,
    Seanie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I have to be honest I dont know what a-a grade is but I buy all my ply in Flanagans in Duleek.. You can give them a call and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Sean.

Multi layer Birch A/A grade should be available from Kantors in Kilbeggan , cost wise I would expect to pay about 80 Euros a sheet , ask for Alan .

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Are you talking about Lloyds Triple A rated Marine Ply? the stuff that lasts for 25 years?, usually made from Okoume, multi layered , no voids? If so ,Waller and Wickham ,Baldoyle Industrial Estate have Robbins Elite and Super Elite Ply.Top notch stuff with prices to match.

I have bought very good marine ply from Kantor ( don't know if they are still in Ballymount or have moved all their business to Kilbeggan?) for a good price.Multi layered, no voids, nice faces, good price too. Stamped BS1088.Very nice guys to deal with.

I've also seen some woeful stuff from big name suppliers , so if I'm building something mission critical I always cut off a 3'' square and give it the oul boil/freeze cycle test.

Advertisement