Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks Hot Sauce - OMG I can;t find it anywhere anymore!!!!

Options
  • 03-11-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

I'm down to near the end of my last bottle of Buffalo Hot Sauce & none of the three Tesco's near me anymore stock any of the Frank's sauce - I CANNOT, repeat C-A-N-N-O-T be without this wonderful sauce - it works on everything .... any suggestions where I can buy bottles of it in the Dublin/North kildare area would be hugely appreciated!

(and yes I realise my plea comes off as that of a crack addict - but the sauce is super tasty!!!!!!!!) :D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Gone from Tesco's in Cork too!
    Ask for it!
    If enough people ask for it, it might come back.
    Vote twice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Fallon & Byrne stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Fallon & Byrne stock it

Isn't that the wallet-raping shop????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Yep. But it's the only place I know of that consistently stocks Franks, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Panic not good citizen. Most Dunnes and several Supervalus are stocking it these days. I refer you to the Frank's thread on Bargain Alerts:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623175&page=9

A couple of folks (including myself) have also found ways to pick up the 3.7L kegs o' Franks - All mentioned in the above thread.

• Advertisement

Panic not good citizen. Most Dunnes and several Supervalus are stocking it these days. I refer you to the Frank's thread on Bargain Alerts:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623175&page=9

A couple of folks (including myself) have also found ways to pick up the 3.7L kegs o' Franks - All mentioned in the above thread.

YOU ARE A ****ING GOD!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In eurospar aswell. €3 for regular

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dunnes in finglas stock it

WWOOOOOOPPPP WWWWOOOOPPPPPP

Now I can continue such delights as:

- Frank's scambled eggs
    - Frank's fish fingers
    - Frank's Beans
    - Frank's & Toast
    - Steak A-La Frank
    - Pasta & Spicy Sausage con Franco
    - Frank's Rarebit
    - Frank's Spicy Meatfeast Pizza
    - Bloody Frank (takes a man to drink this!!!!)
    - Frank in a bun with Frank's (Hot Dog with Frank's Buffalo Sauce)

many thanks to all - am gonna go Frank-hunting tonite!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ven0m wrote: »
    - Frank's Beans

1426bcea346ad38230326c502b8674da.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Found Frank's Red Hot sauce in Dunne's in Douglas court, Cork.
    €2.99

Went into a Dunnes near me & emptied their stock of Buffalo sauce & reg Frank's sauce off the shelf into a trolley & went to the checkout - lady manning it thought I'd gone nuts LOL.....

Not a bad way to spend 120-odd quid LOL :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

ven0m wrote: »
    Went into a Dunnes near me & emptied their stock of Buffalo sauce & reg Frank's sauce off the shelf into a trolley

Greedy guts!

Greedy guts!

hey, least I got me a supply & now can relax about running out ...... I'm only short of sticking it in my coffee, or using it on cereal I use it that much!

Last night I plastered a burger in it that was on my Foreman grill, & then topped the burger off with a very generous coating of it in the bun, & smothered my chips in a mix of franks & garlic sauce.

I freaking LOVE the stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fender69

Guys,
    Franks has been listed by all but the smallest Dunnes Stores.
    It has also been taken on by Superquinn.
    Musgraves (Supervalue & Centra group) buy it into stores at local level (its not a head office agreed line, but if enough of us ask the question.!!!)
    Tesco dont carry it anymore since they moved a lot of their purchasing back to the UK :-(
    Spar and Londis also buy on a store by store basis.
    Finally Musgrave Cash and Carry outlets stock the 3.7L versions!
    Hope this helps other fans like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the little chicken wings that you get in Thunderroad. I've finally found the sauce and now I can't find those little wings. I love them so much and would really prefer to have them instead of the big chicken wings that you buy in the supermarket or whatever. Any help appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've never seen them for sale. You just need to buy a tray of wings and use a cleaver or heavy knife to cut of the tip, then cut the wings into 2 sections at the joint. It's very easy to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snaggle0705

Bought 8 bottles of it on Saturday in Dunnes Stores, Manor Mills, Maynooth... they have 'hot' and 'cayenne pepper' versions... of course, had to have wings last night to sample same!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

AAAAAtJp3eMAAAAAAO6hkg.jpg

There's plenty left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

They had it in the Londis on SCR at Leonards Corner yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭broin

Gallons of it in Fresh on Grand Canal Quay in Dublin. I very nearly took a picture, thinking of you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Have a few bottles here but have to watch the cals (temporarily, for my big day ;) ) anyone any suggestions what else I can do with the sauce instead of wings????

I get mine in Fresh also!!! Was heartbroken when I couldnt find it in Tesco either....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭broin

I've used it as the zing in satay, chilli, some pasta sauces, a curry and a barbeque sauce. Use it as a Tabasco replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Dublin Food Sales also stock it in their wearhouse..
    Contact details and map in the link..!!!

http://www.dublinfoodsales.ie/location.shtml

Advertisement