Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Charles Dog

Options
  • 03-11-2009 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im looking for a king charles dog.

any one know of anyone wanting to give away their dog??
    Or any where you would suggest looking?
    Thanks

Aoife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Hi all,

Im looking for a king charles dog.

any one know of anyone wanting to give away their dog??
    Or any where you would suggest looking?
    Thanks

Aoife

worrying post? I wouldn't know of anyone who wants to give away their dog, may i ask why you want a king charles in particular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Here:
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/spanielsetters_homes.html

Here:
    http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/welcome.html

You haven't mentioned if you have owned this breed of dog before so I don't know fo you are familiar with the common health issues related to the brees so please read this summary:
    http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/health_issues.html

Good luck in your search:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭rockofrepublic

Paul91 : I had a beautiful King Charles called Lady for 13years, Unfortuanly 3 weeks ago, as I was gettiny for work, I came into the kitchen to find that she had passed away...I cant describe how upsetting the last few weeks have been. Im honestly heart broken, I miss her so much and find it hard to go home at the weekends to again realise that she isnt there to greet me the way she used to. If I could give any mis treated dog a better life, like the life Lady had, I would love to. She had a wonderful life, and I cant understand why dogs are being mistreated and left at the side of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

hi there - i'm very sorry for your loss, feel like a right eejit now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

So sorry to hear about Lady she lived to a good age, she was obviously very well cared for:)

You should follow this thread as it is regurlarly updated with dogs coming into rescue: http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=32405

• Advertisement

honestly i hate going home cause she isnt there and i cant even do my college work, im just thinking of her the whole time.

No dog could replace her, she really was one of a kind, a pure pet and had us doing every thing for her, we all loved her so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Hi Aoife.

I'm not sure if you saw all the responses to the thread you posted a while ago but there were some suggestions of rescues and individual dogs given. You can click here to check that thread, if you haven't already.

Sadly, older Cavs seem to turn up a lot in shelters, mainly ex-breeding bitches. Hopefully you'll find one soon.

yes i checked out susie, she was a beautiful, but she was being rehomed already.

i have just looked at that other board that was recommended...we are haveing no luck, I think that could be Lady saying she doesn't want another dog in the house just yet..

and what is strange too.. i placed 2 rose buds on her grave and they are still perfect and with all the bad weather that has been, its amazing that they are still as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

yes i checked out susie, she was a beautiful, but she was being rehomed already.

Delighted to hear Susie got sorted. I sent in an enquiry and got a response saying they'd had a lot of interest so were following those leads before taking other applications. Good to know she's in a home now.

The shelters will be busy after Christmas, maybe towards February when people realise that the tiny puppy they Santa their children pees, poos and sheds hair everywhere :rolleyes: Breeding bitches will be surrendered then too once the "breeder"/farmer realises they're gone too old for another litter.

Oh it upsets me so much when i hear things like that....

Why could any one do that to a dog....oh I would have hated that to happen to Lady....oh the tought of it makes me so sad that people do this to dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

hi Aoife, i am so sorry to hear of your loss. i have been there with a king charles and i have to say i was heartbroken. after swearing we could never get another dog we ended up getting our little man from the limerick animal shelter - http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com/. maybe try giving them a call? he didnt have any papers and was neutered which suited us perfectly. he was also a bit wild as he must have been ignored for such a long period of time. now tho he is an abs angel - ruling the roost:rolleyes:
    as the previous poster said maybe wait until after Christmas as there could unfortunately be a large number of dogs rehoused when people realise that they need time and care!
    best of luck and i hope it works out for you

Advertisement