Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have an Ulsterbank Savers account?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I need to transfer some money. Apparently I need a card reader to setup a payee. I need to order a card reader machine. And I presume a card also? I have no card and its an e-savers plus internet/phone only account.
    Can someone tell me (fingers crossed) can I complete a transfer by ringing the phone banking number and doing it over the phone. The whole card reader and card application seems a bit laborious.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Probably of little use because I didn't actually move any funds from Ulster Savings yet. But when I tried adding a payee, they did mention some card+reader combination and offered to order it. I clicked Yes and received it in probably a week or two. Didn't need to use it yet, unfortunately/fortunately ;) That machine is a drag for sure. That's why I love AIB where you need only a tiny paper Codecard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

yeah. I ordered one and it said it will take up to 15 days?
    what a joke. hardly a demand account when I need to apply to a machine, and then a card to move some funds. hope they can help me out over the phone tomorrow.

completed over phone. No problems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yea, damn them for putting in place security, stopping people stealing your details and then all your money..

I hate when banks protect me and my money like that - ****ers!

Yea, damn them for putting in place security, stopping people stealing your details and then all your money..

I hate when banks protect me and my money like that - ****ers!

ho ho ho. Well, I have 4 bank accounts and Ulsterbank is the only one that requires me have a card reader with me wherever I want to use internet banking. Sure its a bit more secure, but not as convenient.
    I'll take the risk of using just a unique number, a 6 digit passcode, and a password, to pay my bills online :)

Point taken though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

and then something happens to all your funds and you moan about it here... ;-)

and then something happens to all your funds and you moan about it here... ;-)

indeed I will sir. Hopefully nobody will dig up this post though and shame me further. :)

Advertisement