Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon SX110

• 03-11-2009 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Thoughts please?

Basically I am a complete novice who feels that I have a good eye for a picture. Mostly landscape, out and about in the car spotting things that you'd just love to capture and treasure.

Would the above camera be suitable for me?

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced camera €200-€400 that will suit my needs and capturing what I am seeing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Theres a mini review of the camera here
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408enthusiastgroup/
    and also reviews of similar cameras.

Canon compacts have a good reputation. The lens range 36-360mm is one thing to look at, the 36mm isn't as wide as some other cameras, a lot go down to 28mm and one or two 24mm. For landscape shots it might be nice to capture as wide a scene as possible. Looks a bit bulkier than some other compacts which might might make it harder to slip into a pocket, its 45mm thick some other cameras are down to about 20mm thick/thin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Thanks Ghost Train.

Advertisement