Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chiang khlong or huay xai on new years eve

• 03-11-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hi all,

Will be staying in one of the following on new years eve chiang khlong or huay xai any one been there for new years will they be having partys and celebrating? i be only there as i will be part of a tour.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Jaysus, neither if you can help it.

Both are nice but TINY. If you're going from Thailand to Laos, stay an extra day in Chiang Mai and celebrate there. Then head over to Chiang Kong the next day. It's only 6 hours by minibus.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

i cant help it thats were il be il just have to make the most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

jus wrote: »
    i cant help it thats were il be il just have to make the most of it.

It's only the 4th November! How can you be tied into it already? I totally agree with what Kraggy said and I would expect most others will as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Have you paid for the tour already?

If not, organise a trip yourself. Heaps of people on here will help you with places to stay, how to get to places, what to do etc.

And chances are, it will be cheaper.

yeah its paid for in full. i know it would of been cheaper to do it myself but i took the easy option and let intrepid sort it out plus there be others there to have a bit of crack with i only have 5 weeks off so i went with the tour so i be stuck on the border for new years. il have to have my own party!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Not to worry. I'm sure if there are a bunch of you then you'll have some craic regardless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd assume Chiang Kong would be the better place to stay the night out of the two if it's one or the other.

Is there now way the tour could be amended a little? Even being in Chiang Rai for the night would be a better option imo and that's no length away.

no its more are less set in stone its the great indochina loop

Advertisement