Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Printer/Scanner

Options
  • 03-11-2009 8:04pm

I'm looking for a printer/scanner in Limerick and I need it for the weekend.
    Was hoping not to spend much more than €60.
    I've tried Harvey Norman, the best they had was round €80 and the thing was massive.
    Nothing in Dunnes.
    Nothing great in Maplin
    Good HP wireless one in PC world but too dear at €99.
    Any one know of any offers on around the city or any other place I could try?

I don't buy this kinda stuff online because it will break on me and I like having a place to bring it back!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think I saw them in Tesco in Coonagh

any idea how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you try Soundstore out in the Delta Retail Park, Ballysimon?

Also try Curry's and Clancy Electrical though personally I think you will be hard pushed to find a decent quality one for under €80.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry, I didn't pay any attention, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

bazz26 wrote: »
    ......personally I think you will be hard pushed to find a decent quality one for under €80.

I'd agree with bazz; I sussed out a few different printer/scanner/photocopier combos for my cousin and anything under €80 was a false economy. There was an Epson one in Argos but online reviews showed it as being as slow as a wet week!

Settled for a wireless Brother (also from Argos) for €129, and it's a cracking bit of kit - well worth the extra for the combination of wireless, quality and speed.

You could try to suss out if anyone got one of those "free" Dell ones; I know loads of people ditched those because they drank ink and ended up being a false economy / far more expensive in the long run because you could only buy the ink from Dell....at (I think) €60 a go and it didn't last long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

I'll check prices in Jetland tomo. We have something. ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

got a good deal on hp deskjet 380 at soundstore about 18 months ago, think about €70- 75€

Thanks for your suggestions. I will have to try Soundstore, I didnt even think of there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Argos sell a cannon Printer/scanner for 49.99

Jetland only printer 39 eu. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just seen an advert in this week's Limerick Post that Soundstore hava a HP All in One - Printer, Scanner and Copier reduced to €49.99 from €69.99.

Ya, bought that €49.99 HP all in one today in Soundstore, Thanks for the help lads.

Ya, bought that €49.99 HP all in one today in Soundstore, Thanks for the help lads.

You found, exactly what you wanted.:D

Advertisement