Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where and how can I get a handy job in UCD?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

^^^^ in the title^^^^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Ask Des Fitzgerald.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

With a recruitment freeze across campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

'handy Job'

Nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

I'm doing a science access course in UCD at the moment(part time).
    I was wondering if I am a full time student in UCD next year, would it be possible to get a job as a maintenance carpenter,I'm a fully qualified carpenter,so I was thinking it would be handy if I could use my skills there,there must be a lot of bits and pieces of repair work to be done..
    Anyone know who I could email about this??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    I'm doing a science access course in UCD at the moment(part time).
    I was wondering if I am a full time student in UCD next year, would it be possible to get a job as a maintenance carpenter,I'm a fully qualified carpenter,so I was thinking it would be handy if I could use my skills there,there must be a lot of bits and pieces of repair work to be done..
    Anyone know who I could email about this??

I don't know about your question, but would you not be better off just doing a few nixers in the evenings every couple of months?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

dyl10 wrote: »
    I don't know about your question, but would you not be better off just doing a few nixers in the evenings every couple of months?

Its not as easy to get nixers as people think these days,I dont know people who constantly want bits and pieces of work done,and it costs money to advertise ,which is a waste of time with the amount of vulture trademen out there out- quoting each other,so I just though it would make sense to get some parttime work in UCD.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mad lad

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    ... can I get a handy job in UCD?
    sexual innuendo alert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Lawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    ^^^^ in the title^^^^

I've heard that they're always giving jobs in lads jacks beside theatres P & Q. Don't think you get paid though...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

SU shop, services, centra, student bar, sports centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    which is a waste of time with the amount of vulture trademen out there out- quoting each other,so I just though it would make sense to get some parttime work in UCD.....

Competition like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I work in a couple of the SU Shops on campus and id recommend trying to get work there.

You can work as few hours as you like and do it completely around your timetable. the management are sound and the pay is 9€ an hour so its not too bad.

Dont no if there are any openings at the minute though. Your best bet is to leave a CV in before xmas and ask about january. You might well get a call beforehand though as a lot of staff look to drop shifts coming up to exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

noodler wrote: »
    Competition like?

Illegal competition

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dyl10 wrote: »
    Illegal competition

How'd you figure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

mad lad wrote: »
    sexual innuendo alert

... funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Notorious wrote: »
    I've heard that they're always giving jobs in lads jacks beside theatres P & Q. Don't think you get paid though...

... also funny...:pac:... I am laughing haw haw haw... hysterically... haw haw haw.

Advertisement