Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP CFW Advice Needed

Options
  • 03-11-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I have a Phat PSP running CFW 5.00 M33-6.
    I have just recently updated to this CFW and now im havin problems.
    Firstly the PSP internet browser wont open its just crashing.
    Also some of the games ive been playing are crashing when something is loading. The system just resets. Ive never had any problems with CFW before this is the first time.
    Can anyone help? If not is there a way i can downgrade to OFW 1.50 and ill just start again?

Marty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

5.0M33-6 is probably the last stable CFW to be released, so downgrading and upgrading again is probably not going to change anything. I don't think its possible to have a "bad install", either it installs or it bricks.

There must be a problem somewhere else. What games are you trying to play? What settings do you have for the CFW? (what ISO mode?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

animaX wrote: »
    5.0M33-6 is probably the last stable CFW to be released, so downgrading and upgrading again is probably not going to change anything. I don't think its possible to have a "bad install", either it installs or it bricks.

There must be a problem somewhere else. What games are you trying to play? What settings do you have for the CFW? (what ISO mode?)

Yeah I heard that before too...so is there a firmware spoofer of something similar available? In order to run future releases which will require higher firmware levels...

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I dont think its a "bad install" as such but i did read somewhere that i could have skipped too many upgrades when upgrading this one.
    The games that wont work are the new GTA and Ghostbusters. All others are fine.
    I dont want to downgrade to upgrade back to the same CFW just use the old one that worked fine. By the way i automatically upgraded through the PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah I heard that before too...so is there a firmware spoofer of something similar available? In order to run future releases which will require higher firmware levels...

No, but there is a iso decryptor and patcher that allows them to be played on 5.0M33
    i did read somewhere that i could have skipped too many upgrades when upgrading this one.
    The games that wont work are the new GTA and Ghostbusters.

I remember that there was a minimum CFW that you could jump to 5.0M33 from. You had to have at least 3.70M33 or something like that. What did you have before?

Like above, GTA has to be patched in order to work on 5.0M33. Maybe you don't have a patched version?

Advertisement