Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation in/around eyre square

Options
  • 03-11-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Could someone tell me how hard it is to get acc. in eyre square. links or pm would be v.helpfull. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

why on earth would you want to live in and around eyre square?

there is lovely accomodation available all over the city that doesn't involve waking up to puke, broken glass, buses and supermacs wrappers.

head in the general direction of the corrib and you'll find somewhere grand and still walking distance to almost everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Flipz4Rollz- Do you mean hotels/B&B or houses/flats?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

Magnus wrote: »
    Flipz4Rollz- Do you mean hotels/B&B or houses/flats?

flats/houses

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There are apartments all over the city, I'm told due to the council have a deliberate mixed-use policy (you wanna build a commercial unit? you gotta put some apartments in too).

Looking in the advertiser, or daft.ie. Or just walk around the streets and look for to-let notices. I think you won't find it too difficult to find somewhere within 5-10 minutes walk of Eyre Square.

Someone asked why you'd want to live there. I can think of lots of reasons - close to the railway/bus station is a really good one, easy access to work in all parts of the city is another, saving on public transport is another. Yes, there are times when there's rubbish, yes the council vacuum cleaners come around 5-7am every morning. Yes, there's street noise. But there are compensations.

fyi, I have a feeling that prices in the city-centre haven't come down as much as other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As posted above use www.daft.ie, www.rent.ie or www.advertiser.ie/galway/classifieds (Accommodation To Let) for houses/flats.
    I've lived on Bothar Irwin (next to Roches/Debenhams) myself and the amount of drunk eejits running around outside at weekends was unreal.

Edward Square is on top of Corbett Court, that's the closest you can get to Eyre Square.

There is always flats going in the city so you should have no probs finding something, if you can pay.

As said, daft.ie, rent.ie or advertiser is your best bet.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Amhra House is an apartment complex next to Eyre Square. Probably full though and mostly students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Forster court and forster court are close. also prospect hill could be worth looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

Could someone tell me how hard it is to get acc. in eyre square. links or pm would be v.helpfull. Thanks
    Is it Hotel or B&B accommodation.?
    There are several hotels close to Eyre Square - Park House, Skeffington Arms.
    There are also lot of B&Bs on College Road, 200 - 300 yards away - Lynfield House, Aaron House.

Advertisement