Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals on PS3

• 03-11-2009 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has seen any good deals on the PS3 recently? Need to buy one as a Christmas present. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Argos are doing the "old" PS3 80Gb for €249 - which is a good price. They are not making these anymore - so stocks will be running low.
    Cheapest online price I could find was Amazon for about €269 delivered here.

The New Ps3 Slim 120gb seems to be €299 in most places (Smyths , Argos ) - but you can get it on Amazon for about €287

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

I got a great deal on game.co.uk

the new ps3 slim 250gb, one controller & three games - £284.99 - came out of the credit card at €310.00!!

now i benefited from free delivery to the uk as my mam lives up the north - but still a great deal none the less!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

krrh wrote: »

the new ps3 slim 250gb, one controller & three games - £284.99 - came out of the credit card at €310.00!!

now i benefited from free delivery to the uk as my mam lives up the north - but still a great deal none the less!!

Wow that's brilliant. Do they deliver to Ireland?

Milly82 wrote: »
    Wow that's brilliant. Do they deliver to Ireland?

No :( (Not consoles or other electricals)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 lollipop08

Thanx for that ;)

• Advertisement

Ogham wrote: »
    No :( (Not consoles or other electricals)

:( Think I'll have to take a trip up North!!!

:( Think I'll have to take a trip up North!!!

I don't think you'll get it that much cheaper up North than the Amazon price (who do deliver here). You can get a ps3 slim for £250 in Currys which is about €275 - only a saving of about 12 euro over Amazon - hardly worth the petrol/hassle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

krrh wrote: »

I dont see any pack for that price giving 3 games. Theres 1 game and 2 blu rays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

GameStop had a very good offer on, don't know if it still is.

It was a 250GB PS3, FIFA 10 and Uncharted 2 for 350 Euro

I don't think you'll get it that much cheaper up North than the Amazon price (who do deliver here). You can get a ps3 slim for £250 in Currys which is about €275 - only a saving of about 12 euro over Amazon - hardly worth the petrol/hassle?

Thanks for that. Do you have to pay VAT on that delivery too though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Gamestop are doing a limited offer of the new 120GB PS3 Slim with Modern Warfare 2 for 299.

Delivery here is free on anythingover £25 . The price I've given includes the extra Irish VAT and a conversion based on 1.11 euro to the pound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

ah i found them.. i wasnt looking in the right place !!

Does anyone know if you can get these prices in the Game shops up the north ?, I have friends going up there soon. I might ask them to pick one up for me

Advertisement