Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else think adverts is gone downhill?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

anyone else find adverts going down hill?

I am a long member on boards.ie and adverts, and recently I have found I am getting messed around alot trying to sell things, people would offer asking etc and then I would not here back from them, my pm's would be ignored and I would have to put my item back up for sale, this used to never happen on adverts, in one for sale thread this has happened twice to me by 2 different people, its so annoying.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Not sure what we can do about it to be honest... We are completely rebuilding Adverts from the ground up though, so perhaps the new system will fare better. Adverts is really a different beast to Boards and needs its own direction really.

Sorry, what can I say, some people are dicks...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

bring back the old for sale sections on boards.ie, they were far better than adverts.ie in my opinon :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Can I ask if you reported the ads or informed any mods about it?

I agree that timewasters are a pain but unless we know about it then we can't really do much. It's not possible for us to read every post on every ad on the site and we rely to a great extent on people letting us know if there's someone acting the fool on their ad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A+-Guru wrote: »
    anyone else find adverts going down hill?

I am a long member on boards.ie and adverts, and recently I have found I am getting messed around alot trying to sell things, people would offer asking etc and then I would not here back from them, my pm's would be ignored and I would have to put my item back up for sale, this used to never happen on adverts, in one for sale thread this has happened twice to me by 2 different people, its so annoying.
    *crosses fingers*

You wouldn't happen to be talking about that guy that agreed to buy your psu by any chance? :D

Sure I agreed to buy something of someone and the sellers sells it on to someone else without so much as even telling me about it. Complete pain so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭A+-Guru

haha lol no not him lol,

Ah ive calmed down now, i got it sorted in the end, and got through to the buyer, he had a good excuse so I give benifit of the doubt lol

but it is very annoying when this happens, and twice in one thread had me red in the face so had to let some steam off :P

*crosses fingers*

You wouldn't happen to be talking about that guy that agreed to buy your psu by any chance? :D

Sure I agreed to buy something of someone and the sellers sells it on to someone else without so much as even telling me about it. Complete pain so it is.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

People are dicks. No software will change that. We can only do as best we can. Thread closed.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement