Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My greatest ever photo-trip haha!

Options
  • 03-11-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm proud to present superb pics of my greatest trip to Czarnobyl today!:D
    I bought tickets 2 months ago,I bought new pocket Geiger radiation meter,a mask wchich cost me 5e !!!;) , booked hostels in Poland,Cracow and in Ukraine and early morning was very very happy in the bus,my friends were waiting for another extraordinary photo story!!I was in heaven while going there!!:mad: and then one on my Ukrainian links/guides rang me they closed Chernobyl Zone 2 hours ago:mad::mad::mad: Wrrrrrrrrr,one of the saddest moments of my life:eek:
    Anyway,I was able to take 2 pics:D both of them in a bus to shannon airport:P enjoy haha

czarn1.jpg

czarn2.jpg

info:next trip in march,after swine flu attacks,cost-150e in total + ticket to Poland and back(50-80e if booked one month before) , anyone interested?

http://pripyat.com/en/internet_photo/pripyat/ <---- site about Pripyat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

sucks, would be something id be definitly interested in sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭woytek_tzn

:confused:

:pac::D;):p:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Were you gunna do something like this?

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Were you gunna do something like this?

Yeah,I had some ideas for nice photo scenes,will do that in MArch btw.I know that girl on the bike,not personally but she's working as a guide there as well as other Ukrainians living near there.How did you found that site ?I was searching for Chernobyl related sites but haven't notice this one:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Someone linked me to that site years ago before I went on a trip to Czarnobyl. It used be quite popular on StumbleUpon. Technically the photos are average but the story and journey really are fantastic. I flick through the story every few months, would love to do something similar in the future. More of Elena's work can be found on www.elenafilatova.com

I hope you'll be able to get out there yourself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

a geiger for 5e? not bad

how accurate though?

Dankoozy wrote: »
    a geiger for 5e? not bad

how accurate though?

nah,geiger was 80e,5 e was anti-flu mask:)

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Someone linked me to that site years ago before I went on a trip to Czarnobyl. It used be quite popular on StumbleUpon. Technically the photos are average but the story and journey really are fantastic. I flick through the story every few months, would love to do something similar in the future. More of Elena's work can be found on www.elenafilatova.com

I hope you'll be able to get out there yourself! :)

If you paid guards for your pass you'll be able to get out then:pac:

I'm closer and closer to the trip:rolleyes: ... today I bought Ukrainian beetroot soup

czarn3.jpg

czarn4.jpg

It was really hard to get those photos,really bad weather in the kitchen,especially fog:rolleyes:,sometimes rain and fog again;) when I developed them in my secret room under the bed I realize presence of those two creatures:eek:It was horrible:pac: probably they survived in beetroots collected near Zone, I dunno:( :o :rolleyes: (sorry I just hit 30 this year):D

• Advertisement
Advertisement