Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEED ADVICE FROM A MEMBER OF THE GARDA RESERVE

• 03-11-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

HI all, need some quick advice on answering one of the questions on the
    garda reserve application form...

Q.4 is as follows.....

Please identify why you feel your experience and skills would be relevant and of benefit to the garda reserve role:

I have a fair idea of what to say and what they want to hear but would like to hear what successful members of the garda reserve wrote for this part.

Thanks in advance for any comments

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I think you should just write with honesty because they could trip you up in the interview if you tell white lies or what they want to hear!

I'm sure you've plenty to offer the reserves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

jmckabe wrote: »
    HI all, need some quick advice on answering one of the questions on the
    garda reserve application form...

Q.4 is as follows.....

Please identify why you feel your experience and skills would be relevant and of benefit to the garda reserve role:

I have a fair idea of what to say and what they want to hear but would like to hear what successful members of the garda reserve wrote for this part.

Thanks in advance for any comments

look at the end of the day its YOUR experince that will deteremine whether or not you are right for the post. dont tell them what you think they want to hear, tell them what you think makes of the right charcter for the place

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

OP - Be honest on the form. Asking what a successful applicant wrote down, and then using it as your answer it isn't exactly being honest. Write what comes naturally.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement