Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish HipHop On The Decrease?

• 03-11-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

I could be very wrong but there doesnt seem to be as many gigs around the Country happening. I use to book gigs in Galway a few years ago and now nothing!

Whats going on or is it just all in my head? :P

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GTB Connor :P

p.s. aint no party like a TOP G!MP party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Most of the gigs have been in Dublin and Cork recently. Limerick and Galway haven't been getting much love.

I just started recording my own stuff today. So Irish Hip Hop is obviously on the increase. Quantity over quality that's what I say. :D

http://soundcloud.com/shapeyfiend/shredded-wheat-prod-sugoi-sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Hey Shapey. I like your lyrics. Clever, witty, savvy, honest.

You say you've just started recording your vox but I suspect you've been rapping for a while?

Following you on Soundcloud. Hit me up for a beat some time. Check out some of my beats here:
    http://www.zexualhealing.com/files/earlywork.zip (20mb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Thanks man. That's very kind of you to say.

Been at it a year maybe? Just been noodling away at it occasionally. Don't have very much written yet.

Love the last two beats in that zip. Druggy Version and Until You Die are bangers. Might try something over Druggy but I'll warn you I write spectacularly slowly so don't hold your breath. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

the trend now is kind of going back to what it was in 2000 which is to do battle gigs... plenty in Dublin and Galway but with rappers from all over the country attending...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Even Zombier thread is being closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement