Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo of Kinsale wanted!! Please!!

Options
  • 03-11-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I was in Kinsale last week and I saw a fantastic photo opportunity but unfortunately it was only a passing visit and I didn't have my camera.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with it.

The scene was in a pub in Kinsale, unfortunately I can't remember it, but hopefully my description will mean that someone can put a name to the pub and maybe even locate a photo for me.

So the pub had one or two wooden tables outside it, and was extremely small on the inside. As you enter, the bar is to the left, seating to the right.

The toilets are located up two small flights of stairs, but - and this is what I want the photo of - Once you go up one flight, if you turn to the right and go down another flight you arrive at a disabled toilet.

The photo I need is of the disabled toilet (a pic of the door with the disabled sign on it) with a view of the stairs also.

The point of this photo is just to promote a class discussion on equality, that's all, there's no malice in it at all by the way.

If anyone can help it would be great!
    p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

anyone at all?

BUMP

getting desperate now. Don't want to have to drive back for the photo:(:( please help!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

was it either the white house or white lady.

if you could describe the street i would have a better chance

Oh god, the white house sounds very familiar.

I cant really describe the street as I dont really remember much, sorry I know thats terrible!! But it was a tiny, tiny pub, when you go in, bar along the wall to your left, seating to the right, they had a real fire (prob very common!!)

thanks for replying !!

• Advertisement

you see its so hard as you are not giving enough details. if you go into the white house the bar is straight in front of you and the eating is to the right. but with a lot of places there are numerous entrances eg you can also get into the wh from the back. the bar isnt really that tiny tbh.

No, its not that place then. There is only one entrance to this place, and the bar is along the wall to the left.

This pub is tiny, and straight ahead of you are a stairs, and then to the right there is seating. I wouldn't even imagine this place does food.

We parked along sea/water front - where boats were and we walked up into a little towny place, where there were a few bookshops, pubs, restaurants etc..

there were two or three wooden bench-tables outside the pub, I think it was like a cobblestone court-yardy area

Problem is ... I'm incredibly bad at noticing stuff around me. A problem when it comes to things like this.

One other thing, the seats were more like long benches rather than chairs and they had cushions.

Very dark place, defo a touristy/old man's place!! (no offence!)

Thanks for even trying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Sounds like the Greyhound. Is it opposite a terrace of houses with front gardens?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

ya that definitely sounds like the greyhound bar! great little place! will be in kinsale during the week and will grab the photo for you if nobody else has by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

definitely sounds like the Greyhound

coolmoose wrote: »
    ya that definitely sounds like the greyhound bar! great little place! will be in kinsale during the week and will grab the photo for you if nobody else has by then.

Thank you soooooo much!!! You're very helpful!! Thanks a million!! :):):)
    Ludo wrote: »

Yes! I'm almost dead certain that is it!! Thanks a lot!!

coolmoose wrote: »

Any luck with the photo? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

i actually know the toilet you are thinking of (deffo the greyhound), and can easily get a picture this weekend if you don't have one by now.

just to defend the place somewhat, that disabled toilet is actually for a pub called 'the market', and you can travel between the 2 pubs through that back stairs. you don't need to tackle any stairs if you are coming at it from the market instead of the greyhound!

i can imagine it looking rather odd if you didn't realise that alright!

i actually know the toilet you are thinking of (deffo the greyhound), and can easily get a picture this weekend if you don't have one by now.

just to defend the place somewhat, that disabled toilet is actually for a pub called 'the market', and you can travel between the 2 pubs through that back stairs. you don't need to tackle any stairs if you are coming at it from the market instead of the greyhound!

i can imagine it looking rather odd if you didn't realise that alright!

Cheers I have no photo as of yet and would defo appreciate one!!

I'm gonna PM you anyway incase you don't go back to this thread before then, thanks!!

Guys I still have no picture as of yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks a lot

Hate to sound like a real pain in the back side but is there any chance at all someone could get me this photo? I'm pretty desperate as the deadline for this lesson is coming up in 3weeks time and I really would appreciate this photo as it would work so well with the topic.

I wouldn't even still be going on about it, its just that I seemed so close to getting it a couple of times, and I was just wondering if someone could please do me the favour!!

I now know that it is definitely the Greyhound pub, thanks a lot in advance if there is anyone who can help.

Anyone going to be in Kinsale over Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey

Sorry to see you never got this photo..We might travel down there this weekend and if we do i shall call iin and take a picture for you....

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hey

Sorry to see you never got this photo..We might travel down there this weekend and if we do i shall call iin and take a picture for you....

Hi Milly

thanks a lot. I'm only seeing this comment now, and seeing as I never got a PM I suppose you didn't get a chance to get the pic.

It would have been a fantastic thing to show my students, unfortunately we will be covering that topic in 2 weeks and if I don't get the pic before then it will be too late.

Last ditch attempt - if there's anyone that can help!!??

• Advertisement

Hey

Ah pants and we were down there in all but thought you had managed to get one. sure if we do wonder down again this weekend if it is any good I will take one for you

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hey

Ah pants and we were down there in all but thought you had managed to get one. sure if we do wonder down again this weekend if it is any good I will take one for you

Yeah that would be great! Thanks!

Sorry Mr Peanut head no trips last weekend roads twas to too cold..

Hey all - I'm still looking for this photo would you believe??

talk about flogging a dead horse!!

Pic of the disabled toilet in the greyhound, as taken from the top of the stairs leading down to it.

please see 1st post for details as to why I need it - and post here/PM if you can help!!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

I actually finally got this photo, first time in Kinsale in over a year...probably a bit late now! :) if you still want it PM me!

Advertisement