Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out of college?

Options
  • 03-11-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

How do i go about dropping out?...i geather there is some form you fill out? im in first year, ive realised i made the wrong choice..dont like the course im doing and want to do a different course next year, am i too late to avoid paying fees next year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

You would have had to withdraw by Oct 31 in order to avoid fees next year -killer, you've just missed it! You can still withdraw up to Jan 31 and only be liable for half tuition fees + registration.
    You need to officially withdraw, you can't just stop attending. Usually you do so in writing to Student Records.
    Are you really sure you want to withdraw though? You may as well stick it out till Xmas now and see if it improves.
    Don't forget fees may be back for everyone next year anyway.

While the official deadline to not have to pay fees next year may have passed, your college more than likely has not returned to the HEA (well it may well have also), it's list of students, whose tuition they claim from the HEA. So if you drooped out now, the college will erase your name from the list and you will have a clean slate for next year as no fees were claimed.

Advertisement