Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrubland opposite BMS.

Options
  • 03-11-2009 11:19pm

Anyone know who owns the scrubland opposite Bristol Myers Squib?
    I've been looking for ages and can't seem to find an owner.
    Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Dojojoe:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Did you try contacting Fingal County Council

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Could be the college ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I think it's could be ESB, they have a couple of small utility buildings there and anytime I see someone at the gates it's an ESB vehicle but then again they could have just been working in there.

Just as a matter of interest, why ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah dojojoe, why???

I was up there the other day and its full of pheasants,
    So I was wondering who to ask for shooting permission.
    Thanks anyway guys.

• Advertisement

Why not just leave them alone for everyone who lives in the area to enjoy them ?

I don't understand the mentality of look, there's lots of pheasants around here, lets shot them, moronic, imo of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Jip wrote: »
    I don't understand the mentality of look, there's lots of pheasants around here, lets shot them, moronic, imo of course.

They not a native specie and are reared for shooting

Why not just leave them alone for everyone who lives in the area to enjoy them ?

I doubt many people in that area know there are pheasant in that particular place. I'm sure if they did they local scumbags would be up there stuffing bangers in there arse's anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Aye, live and let live.

I doubt many people in that area know there are pheasant in that particular place. I'm sure if they did they local scumbags would be up there stuffing bangers in there arse's anyhow.

You know that how ? I'm local to that area, I know alot of the wildlife around the area and alot of people who commute out of that area in the morning will be aware of the pheasants.

• Advertisement

You know that how ? I'm local to that area, I know alot of the wildlife around the area and alot of people who commute out of that area in the morning will be aware of the pheasants.

I know that because I've lived out that way for 20 years and never knew of any pheasant until recently. I drive down that road regularly and never seen pheasant.

I'm local to that area, I know alot of the wildlife around the area and alot of people who commute out of that area in the morning will be aware of the pheasants.

Nobody is ever in that field, The adjacent one was used as a dump up until recently, The field is barren and unused, It's out of the way so no commuters would see them anyway.Calling shooting moronic is just ignorant, The pheasants would have to be controlled anyway or they will starve, They aren't native to Ireland and If you do claim to know about the wildlife in the area you will know how introduced species always have a negative effect on the native species.
    Pheasant shooting is seasonal and they aren't hunted outside of season.
    To say commuters are aware of the pheasants is a bit ridiculous, Most people don't know a lot about pheasants. So I doubt they would notice small change in the population of these shy birds anyway.
    Sure I enjoy pheasants more than any commuters would because commuters don't eat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I know they are there.
    Have seen a hen with chicks a few times.

Why because they are tasty and the point of them is for hunting and eating.
    Proper hunters who get permission and have liences know not to over hunt and kill to many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Killing pheasants is Murder!!!!

Tasty, Tasty Murder.:D.

On a more serious note, I dont think that these particular pheasants should be hunted down and shot. They've obviously escaped from a pheasant farm, so they should be admired for their intelligence and left alone. Shoot the pheasants that are still on the pheasant farm, because as you said, thats what they were bred for, and that they should have escaped with these ones.

As for killing them because they are not a native species to Ireland, and that the local birds will have to compete for food, surely theres enough worms in the ground for all the birds out there.

Please leave them alone. They are beautiful birds.

Why not shoot clay pidgeons?

suey71 wrote: »
    Killing pheasants is Murder!!!!

Tasty, Tasty Murder.:D.

On a more serious note, I dont think that these particular pheasants should be hunted down and shot. They've obviously escaped from a pheasant farm, so they should be admired for their intelligence and left alone. Shoot the pheasants that are still on the pheasant farm, because as you said, thats what they were bred for, and that they should have escaped with these ones.

As for killing them because they are not a native species to Ireland, and that the local birds will have to compete for food, surely theres enough worms in the ground for all the birds out there.

Please leave them alone. They are beautiful birds.

Why not shoot clay pidgeons?
    1st, You cant eat clay pigeons...
    2nd Not Pheasant Farms, But Gun clubs, they raise them to be shot, These just survived after season and escaped.Not because they're smart but because the shooter missed...

Advertisement