Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Caterer???

Options
  • 03-11-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a caterer to do a cheap and cheerful curry and salad for a party in december for about 70 people...
    Any ideas of where to look or how much it will cost??
    Thanks a mil
    xx LKG :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

I used these;

http://www.obriens.ie/catering-service/.

It was only for about 20 people but the food was great and had no problems .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Damien in the milestone in balbriggan , the food is lovely, dont get the cheescake, as...well.....Its just way to nice, honest, god Im starving, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Conor McGloughlin who runs McGloughlin's shop in Rush and Tarragon in Skerries also does party catering. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Give Helen up in the Cock Tavern a shout - quality food and excellent value for money (used them for several functions over the years - recomended)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Nodster wrote: »
    Give Helen up in the Cock Tavern a shout - quality food and excellent value for money (used them for several functions over the years - recomended)
    definitely +1 for this advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I use Conor McGloughlin about once a month and the quality of the food is top class. He does parties for me catering from 20 to 300.

Never a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

cathy01 wrote: »
    Damien in the milestone in balbriggan , the food is lovely, dont get the cheescake, as...well.....Its just way to nice, honest, god Im starving, :D

Damo will do you a good deal I use him for any parties. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Thanks for all of your replys

Any ideas of prices guys?
    and how much is it for the function room in the miler?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

It all depends on what day and how many you need food for.
    Give the pub a ring 01-8412176 and ask for Damien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

You dont happen to have a mobile num for Damo do you ,Ive used him a lot and food is excellent .I lost my phone and lost all numbers and looking to get in touch with him for a party,PM please ,Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Barry Bonds

Nodster wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, had a function last year approx 50 people with a curry buffet, delicious and fairly resonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Unshelved wrote: »
    Conor McGloughlin who runs McGloughlin's shop in Rush and Tarragon in Skerries also does party catering. Highly recommended.

My brother & sister in law got him for to do a family christening and my friend hired him last year - great, I would recommend.

He can supply everything including the bread, plates & cutlery (and no, thankfully not paper or plastic)

The whole salmon he does is spectacular, it's presented beautifully

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

cathy01 wrote: »

We get him for work functions all the time - grand, lads love the beef stragnouf and chicken curry (second helpings and all)

generally desserts are, black forest, merangues/fruit cocktail and cheesecake.

It's good honest food but not terribly exciting (sorry but just my opinion)
    But he's very reasonable, always on time (he delivers everything) and the hot food is served piping hot

from your original post "cheap and cheerful curry and salad for a party in december for about 70 people... " think Damien's your man

Advertisement