Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you guys think this is a good marketing video?

• 03-11-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

1st time editing and filming a piece of video...it was produced for college as a promotion video for the business school. Its my 1st time ever filming or editing video. Just wondering if you have the time could you please view it and leave some feedback? As much or as little or as vauge or as detailed as you like would be hugley appreciated.

Below is the video's link for youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLk40IlNxo

Cheers,

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Hay MasterT,

that looked like fun.
    I'll be honest with you, and I know its not supposed to be super slick, but I wouldn't submit that.
    People rarely take these productions in the spirit in which they were meant. Especially nowadays
    when the standard of video editing & production is really high. You will find a lot of people will be
    distracted by the amateur feel from it. It's like mock-ups, people confuse Mock-ups and cannot
    see that this isn't the final image.

On a positive note, i LOVED the evolution image. It would be class if you tweeked the clothes.
    This HAS been done before, but not from student to Suit (as far as I know)

Step 1 - School uniform
    Step 2 - baggy jeans
    Step 3 - Semi casual
    Step 4 - Suit
    Step 5 - millionaire look (with a cane or a bowler hat) or in Golf Gear

So, instead of submitting a video, I'd use a poster.
    I'm all on for helping people with a bit of go in them, if you get these images on a plain white background, I'll cut them out for ya and make a poster for ya! No charge.

Good luck with it

Something like this:

Advertisement