Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3

Options
  • 03-11-2009 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All, just a quick question about the ps3. Now that the slimline one is out all shops seem to only have this one on stock. Should we expect the initial ps3 price to drop now that the sslimmer version is out?

I dont really fancy the look of the slimline ps3 and im hoping that i can pick up the ps3 for a bit of a bargain...

Anyone know if this will happen or where the bargains for the console's are to be had? was considering going up the North to get one and save a few quid..

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

All shops flogged off the phat PS3 over a month ago,you may still find a few with them in stock.

What shops have you checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

yeah the slimline i got's not all that, would bag the piano black if possible. quieter operation too..

just avoid the original dual laser failure prone one ;-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

didn;t they drop the price of all ps3s a week or two before the slimline was release. My tank looks better in the room:P

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

I tried game and gamestop so far will have a bigger look over the weekend...would you chance getting one 2nd hand from adverts? I have bought alot of stuff off there so i know its legit but nothing of this price range..

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Game stores are still selling the phat PS3, and (last I looked) brand new it costs the exact same as a brand new slim 120gb. Prices dropped to €250 when the slim came out, so I doubt there'd be another price drop anytime before Christmas - if anything the price will only go up. Tbh, I think you'd be better off buying the slim as opposed to a second-hand phat one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement