Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Free return trip to Britain

• 04-11-2009 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi,

went in to check out the "Free return trip to Britain" that came with my Irish Ferries trip to France this Summer. I was thinking of going across for a long weekend sometime before the Christmas. (Either that or a wine-cruise to France :rolleyes:)
    Anyway,it appears that I can avail of the free trip on any off-peak dates up to 31/08/10. However fI then noticed that for a supplement of €50 each way, I can take the trip during June/July/August 2010.
    I am thinking that the €100 supplement might be the way to go and link it up with a UK/France crossing. Could end up with a cheap landbridge crossing for next years's hols.

Am I missing anything on the "free" crossing here folks ? Any catches ?

Same vehicle, same occupants .... anything else to consider ?

Also I see that Irish Ferries have something up on the web about early booking offers for France next year. Will look in at it closer tomorroe night.

Unfit.

Ps. went out for a spin on a few Sundays recently. Still a few hardy souls about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Send an email to bookings@irishferries.com with your original booking reference number and you will get a fairly quick response and any fees that apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I have done this free trip twice and it is good value however as far as i recall it only includes 2 adults. if you have extra passengers you need to pay a supplement for each of them. It is also a long drive from Holyhead to any of the ferry ports. We took the tunnel each time. Arrived in holyhead about midnight, drove for 5 hours, slept for 3 and drove another 2 or so to get the tunnel at 10:30. If you get the 21:00 ferry from Dublin you can be in france before midday the next day which is not bad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Yeah Seaswimmer,
    the drive down from Holyhead can be a pain. I was thinking that maybe I might take the Rosslare-Fishguard crossing and go that route through the UK instead.
    2 adult return fares will suffice in my case and even with the "peak Crossing" supplement of €100, it still leaves the Landbridge crossing at fairly good value.
    The Irish Ferries website is not clear as to whether the supplement is €50 per person each way or €50 per booking each way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Just an update for anybody interested.

I had a free crossing since our France trip earlier this year. I needed to travel over Yesterday (Thursday) so I emailed them on Monday, they booked me in there and then. The're wasn't a problem booking at short notice or the fact that I was driving a different vehicle.
    Their rules seem very flexible and we're all happy here as Santa is now bringing Kayaks that he found on EBay :D

Advertisement