Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

klong wrote: »
    No, and I wasn't going to ask! But obviously he considered whoever it was to be unsuitable.

in all fairness i dont think it should all rest on what the super thinks of you over a 15 minute chat how can you possibly be fully judged on that?
    have you started your training yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

in all fairness i dont think it should all rest on what the super thinks of you over a 15 minute chat how can you possibly be fully judged on that?
    have you started your training yet?

It doesn't; the super (in my case anyway) had taken the time to read through the BR, and also whatever the sergeant had reported to him following my meeting with the sergeant. The sergeant may have send that the person should not have been recommended, and the super agreed with him. Really though, we won't know why.

Haven't started as I'm waiting on medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭we3gkfu6qit95s

hope everybody had a pleasant xmas :)

i had my super interview over a month ago now i was jus wondering whats the next step?
    can they just turn around and say sorry you didnt make the grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

yes, if your background check unearths something.

but , if that's ok it's the medical next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Hi all, update time...Still here after Nine months and a few days....Good to here that others are getting throught...:)

Happy Crimbo and a Happy New Year to all...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

keep the faith :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Still stuck on this BR form , where did you get your references from lads? My employer doesn't do references for whatever reason.

funkyflea wrote: »
    Still stuck on this BR form , where did you get your references from lads? My employer doesn't do references for whatever reason.

well you can get a ref from your previous employer if they ll give it you can get it from a preist a former school teacher or school princpal you can get it from a garda or retired member the list is endless. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Morning all,

My BR Forms were brought into the local Garda station and sent off to the public office the week before Christmas.

Does anyone know from exp how long I can expect to wait before I hear from them now?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

Trapattoni wrote: »
    Morning all,

My BR Forms were brought into the local Garda station and sent off to the public office the week before Christmas.

Does anyone know from exp how long I can expect to wait before I hear from them now?

Thanks

Depends on a lot of factors including how many places you've lived, how many relatives you have, if any live abroad, its really impossible to know how long it will take, the main thing you need now (and the hardest) is patience. Most of us on here try to keep each others spirits up during the waiting period. The best advice I got on here was to expect a timeframe of a year from applying to getting in and for me it seems to be following that timeframe. There are some who seem to get in quicker but they seem to be in the minority. There's huge interest in the Reserve so the administration involved is pretty substantial. My advice would be to give it a couple of months and then ring the vetting unit to see how its going. Best of luck

• Advertisement

I've had my BR form for a month now and haven't handed it in, will be handing it in this week (delayed due to references and family I couldn't track down straight away), will this affect my application much?

I've had my BR form for a month now and haven't handed it in, will be handing it in this week (delayed due to references and family I couldn't track down straight away), will this affect my application much?

no shouldnt hold you back much but expext ta be waiting its all part of the process:D

Thanks a lot, yeah I'm prepared to wait, nothin can be done!

Still really excited though, really hope everything goes well. I'm on my fitness plan now cutting down on weightlifting and ramping up the cardio and diet..

Thanks a lot, yeah I'm prepared to wait, nothin can be done!

Still really excited though, really hope everything goes well. I'm on my fitness plan now cutting down on weightlifting and ramping up the cardio and diet..

o dat sounds good as long as u have a BMI less then 30 you ll be fine because there is no fitness test for the reserves just the med which is fine but theres no harm in being fit you know;)

I'm still dealing with this BR form, the references holding me up. Got one there last week finally and my ex-employer is dragging their heels. Managed to get the 2nd one sorted today finally.

Absolutely p'd off now at this stage cos I've heard of others who passed their exam and interview with me that have already had their interview with the super.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

Hi,
    Im just filling out the BR form and im just scratching my head over the section looking for deatils of spouse/partner.

Im not marryed but i have a girlfriend. What is the defination of a ''Partner''.???? Do i need to find out my girlfriend and her familys details or can i leave it blank?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im just filling out the BR form and im just scratching my head over the section looking for deatils of spouse/partner.

Im not marryed but i have a girlfriend. What is the defination of a ''Partner''.???? Do i need to find out my girlfriend and her familys details or can i leave it blank?

no, don't have to fill it out

Short and too the point. I like it.

Thanks.

I filled in my partners details and now they want all her families details too. :( this is taking ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

I put off filling out my form for months because it was so complicated and long but I eventually just sucked it up and got down to it and filled it out in about an hour with a little help.

• Advertisement

Just a quick question. I finished filling out my Br form and i am going to be handing it in to my local station today.

Question: Does the station that you hand it in to have any bearing what so ever to the station that you might be assigned to if you manage to complete the reserve training??

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

I dont think it does

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

Nope.

The station you hand in your BR1 form to will be the one where you are interviewed by the Sgt.
    It will also dictate the district that you do your interview with the Super.

In my case it was the station closest to home, and in other cases the closest to work. Pick one that will be convenient for you to get to for the interviews.

Station postings (once you get through all tests and start training) will not be in your home district, maybe not even in your home division. All depends on where need/can accommodate Garda Reserve students/probationers.

Ok fair enough.

I guess what im really asking is that i have lived my whole life in county galway in my family home but last year i moved into a rented house in the city.

So if i went into my local city garda station would that be assigned as my home district??? While potentaially allowing me then to be placed in a station in my ''Real home district''.

What i would prefer is that i wouldnt be placed in the district that i have lived for most of my life for obvious reasons.
    Or nomatter what i do or say is it out of my control?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

The final decision lies with the folks at the top. But your trainer will make suggestions on your behalf about stations.

They will take everything into account and its unlikely you'll be placed in an area where you have family or friends. Don't worry about it until you actually start training.
    The station where you hand in your form shouldn't affect anything down the line.

Thats perfect. I was just a little worryed about it. I guess im getting ahead of myself.

Thanks for the advice.

you ll more the likely be shifted 30+ miles from your home residence eg the one you have lived all my life.. where i am is 30+ so its grand.. anyway it will be the top boys who decided where you go in the end. but not to worry you wont be put in harms way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

Hi folks im not new to the site just i changed my email as my last became inactive.
    Some great new posts on the last few pages.
    Dont have alot of time to search through the hundreds of posts.

I have recieved an email to apply for the reserves and interviews are being held over the next 3 months

1- is it best to email or post in the application form?

if email then how do i send in a passport picture and my leaving cert results???

2-If sending by post is it best to send by registered post to be sure the documents reach safely?

3- what the best way of finding out previous employers and dates as ive had a few and cant remember half of them and the dates???

4-i have just quailified as an electrician would this count as 3rd level education?

any help really appreciated

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

hogan86 wrote: »
    Hi folks im not new to the site just i changed my email as my last became inactive.
    Some great new posts on the last few pages.
    Dont have alot of time to search through the hundreds of posts.

I have recieved an email to apply for the reserves and interviews are being held over the next 3 months

1- is it best to email or post in the application form?

if email then how do i send in a passport picture and my leaving cert results???

I will answer this for you. I was told by public jobs that i can email the application form in and bring my Passport and results in with me to the interview, Which i will be doing next Wednesday :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Tripp wrote: »
    I will answer this for you. I was told by public jobs that i can email the application form in and bring my Passport and results in with me to the interview, Which i will be doing next Wednesday :-)

are there many on boards who are at the preliminary stage of interviews with the Public Appointment Service?

also,

Are there many people here finished with all stages of selection and simply waiting on the call to report to templemore for phase 1?

Advertisement