Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Manwise Bumwell

mmmm seems the almighty me really does think hes the almighty me.. surely anyone can ask any question they need help on??

cheers! u said in a previous post that you got your gr2 form recently, i got ,mine yesterday!i did my interview in dublin about 2 weeks ago, give or take, and i was surprised that they got back to me so quickly, what about you when was your interview?

Hello lads,

I just recieved my GR2 form by email, have done the interview in town, and the comic strip exam, so i presume ive passed, this is my first post on the forum as i thought theres no pint unless I get this far!! I will return the from this week, on average whats the waiting time untill the next stage....

Cheers.

you'll have to ask around about that one cuase to the best of my knowledge i can be different for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thebigfella71

I did mine last wednesday!! and got the email last night, i was also suprised they were back so quick,, it seems lots of peopple were delayed for ages. the form doesnt look to bad to me either, from what id read here i was expecting a real horror story...

I did mine last wednesday!! and got the email last night, i was also suprised they were back so quick,, it seems lots of peopple were delayed for ages. the form doesnt look to bad to me either, from what id read here i was expecting a real horror story...

fair play, i thought i got it quick. ye the forms not too bad. could be worse. this will probably be one of the longer stages on account of they do checks on everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thebigfella71

cheers,

got to actually do some work on the day job now....

talk later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The almighty me

in what respect am i taking the mick? anyway i just found out that since he is not a direct blood relation i dont have to put him down on the gr2 form. and as for the moderator watch out thing, wtf? what the hell? who tells on people? thats just immature....:rolleyes:

Just think, you are discussing the possibility of leaving out information on the GR2 form, do you not think the powers that be read these forums ??? seriously come on.

Just think, you are discussing the possibility of leaving out information on the GR2 form, do you not think the powers that be read these forums ??? seriously come on.

thats why nobody gives their real name sunshine

Are you not aware that you have an "IP" address ? look dont want an arguement just though you were taking the p_ss from the thread, if your not good luck.:rolleyes:

internet cafe. and anyway for all the gards know, if they bothered to go to all the trouble of tracing an ip address for someone who for all they know may not have actually applied...

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hey cool ;) i applied in oct 2007...... Im still waiting on backround checks... :eek: any 1 else in the same boat as me?? And for the peple starting next week good luck again;) Just woundering aswell from the people starting next week if they had relations abroad? Im asking because i have 2 aunts in america and 1 in england so im convinced that, that is why its taking so long.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 marymulr

Nah, didint get any email yet. Whats the story 9am start both days? Meet your sis totally unco-ordinated, i'm convinced I was born with 2 left feet !!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jeanxx

Tommy-Kerry - The background checks take much longer if you have relatives abroad I believe. Mine took a couple of months because I have a tiny family... & as I said before one of the girls I was talking to was waiting two years & that was because of the vetting. When did you leave in your GR2 btw? & thanks for the good luck :D

Marymulr - Yeah I'm guessing it's 9 both days but it's definitely 9 on Saturday :) So no going on the razz in the one pub in TM... :P I remember being in a self defence class once... at one point yer man who was teaching the class actually laughed at me! I was being thought to hit someone. To think something as basic as that was too challenging for me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Jeanxx wrote: »
    Tommy-Kerry - The background checks take much longer if you have relatives abroad I believe. Mine took a couple of months because I have a tiny family... & as I said before one of the girls I was talking to was waiting two years & that was because of the vetting. When did you leave in your GR2 btw? & thanks for the good luck :D

Marymulr - Yeah I'm guessing it's 9 both days but it's definitely 9 on Saturday :) So no going on the razz in the one pub in TM... :P I remember being in a self defence class once... at one point yer man who was teaching the class actually laughed at me! I was being thought to hit someone. To think something as basic as that was too challenging for me! ;)

I handed my gr2 in feb dis year!!!!;)

Jeanxx wrote: »

Ha Ha I love it .... but at the same time cruel by your instructor... let me tell ya you aint seen nuttin yet, i'll be lucky not to get thrown out of the class !!!:eek:

I handed mine in last November, have a couple of rellies in the UK but thats as far away as my family gets...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 scanner man

hi Tommy-Kerry im in the same boat im still waiting on my vetting to be completed im begining to think it will never be completed:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Trebor35

Hi Mary.
    They don't delay with the training so once they get ye started. Just getting started on my GR2 form so that will be fun getting all the dates of births. Will you get to pick your station after or is it given to you. Did they give ye a date for passing out yet.
    Well best of luck with Phase 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

I have 22 aunts and uncles overall. Some live abroad, some my parents dont talk to and therefore dont know numbers, addresses etc. Could I just leave them out i.e are AGS that strict and stringent when it comes to looking into your GR2 form?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I have 22 aunts and uncles overall. Some live abroad, some my parents dont talk to and therefore dont know numbers, addresses etc. Could I just leave them out i.e are AGS that strict and stringent when it comes to looking into your GR2 form?

I feel for you mate in having to locate their details ... unfortunately though it does have to be done, for all of them. Even if you list their names AGS would find out the remaining info but it would obviously slow down your background checks then.

My honest opinion is: although it may/will be tedious and somewhat tough, i would be completely honest; list all of them and write down as much as you know/can find out yourself ... good luck with your process :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 donal1234

Hey .... ive applied for the GR in Oct 2007..... I handed in my Gr2 in @ the end of march.... Im still waitin on backround checks & to be called for my medical... Does anyone know when the next intake is for the Garda Reserve?:D:rolleyes:
    You should contact the Garda reserve office and ask them what the delay is,sometimes it takes a while but I think this is a bit long:cool:donal1234

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tashamc

You can't leave anyone out, there's a reason they ask for them & it's not for toilet reading!! lol.. I had more than 22, no easy task.. But what was said to me was, find the aunt or uncle thats the mouth piece, who knows everything about everyone, we all have at least one!! And i did.. Problem solved.. Best of luck..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Jeez - this GR2 form is something else, isn't it?
    "Have you ever suffered from any illness?"

Eh... I'm assuming they're talking about serious illnesses and not expecting me to mention chicken pox, measles and the like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Transit1

stiofanD wrote: »
    Jeez - this GR2 form is something else, isn't it?

Eh... I'm assuming they're talking about serious illnesses and not expecting me to mention chicken pox, measles and the like...
    i suffer from ashama but that did not stop from getting in...if you do not enter something that is relevant.... you could be found out honesty is the best policy.... thats whats being a garda is all about.... start as you mean to go on..... you will have to get your doctor to fill out a questionaire for the medical any how.....

donal1234 wrote: »
    Hi can you tell me what type of medical health cover if any you have while on duty also if injured while on duty and unable to work in the day job for a few days is there any cover,donal1234:cool:
    this is a sticky one..... dont know as off yet....just dont do anything that might enable you to get injured.......there is a garda compensation fund i do not know what we are entitled to

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply i was not sure if there was another interview that i was missing was starting to get worried there

So the next step is the medical do you know how long after all the interviews that the medical takes by any chance thanks ;)

it can take awhile i had to wait 11 months .. in all it took me 1 year and 10 months to just get to the medical stage just be patient..... it will come in time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Transit thanks for both replies it helps when you know a little that way you wont be waiting on the envelope to fall on the floor every morning :D

So at least now i can be more patient and forget about it till it arrives

Thanks ;)

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    Transit thanks for both replies it helps when you know a little that way you wont be waiting on the envelope to fall on the floor every morning :D

So at least now i can be more patient and forget about it till it arrives

Thanks ;)

please feel free to ask any questions at least i can try to help you since i have been there .... just wish i had the same help ,, if you are stuck with any thing just ask???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 donal1234

Transit1 wrote: »
    this is a sticky one..... dont know as off yet....just dont do anything that might enable you to get injured.......there is a garda compensation fund i do not know what we are entitled to
    thanks for that but as I hope to join soon and it is voluntry I would have thought that a least you would not have to worry about medical cover and any loss of earnings due to injury.As a serving reserve how do you feel about this,I know that I am having second thoughts about joining .donal1234:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Just wondering - have all those who submitted their GR2 forms attached full written references to it also ? Its not clear from the form if they must be sent with the form or not.

How long do the references have to be? Is it enough to simply say "X is an upstanding member of the community and would be a good addition to the force"?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

stiofanD wrote: »
    Just wondering - have all those who submitted their GR2 forms attached full written references to it also ? Its not clear from the form if they must be sent with the form or not.

How long do the references have to be? Is it enough to simply say "X is an upstanding member of the community and would be a good addition to the force"?

I submitted two references with mine, Super had them at our meeting with the rest of the GR2, he was then going to send the whole lot off to HQ for background checks to begin.

Both of mine were short and to the point, my impression of the whole thing so far is that they're not much into waffle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 on standby

Thanks for the comment on standby..... I have 1 relation in America and 1 in england and the rest are in ireland so i didn't think it would take this long being honest...:( If you dont mind me asking did you hear anything else atall from the garda reserve office:confused::D;)

No I have not heard a tap from the reserve in months.
    Also when i contacted the reserve office i was concerned my application had slipped through the net, but that was not the case, and i was reassured that would never happen.
    I am just as keen as i was the first day i applied for the reserves and after all its not like making an application for employment so I will just just sit tight and wait for it to play out. Mind you I have relatives in England,Germany,America and Scotland, To top it all off a brother who has had a few run ins with the gardai in the past which I condemn and hope that would not be held against me as i don.t even associate with him anyway and could not even tell you were he is even living at the moment. I guess my application is a little more complicated than yours lol.
    (A SLIP OF THE PEN IS NO FAULT OF THE MIND)

Advertisement