Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird lights in the sky pic.

• 04-11-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hey guys, Was out tonight to get some pics of the moon, since its been pretty clear the last few days.

Anyway, i was taking a series of pictures while the moon was behind some clouds. Didn't even bother to look at them while i was out. Was just for fun until the moon came out.

So i do my job, get the pics i wanted, head home and check them out. Then i come across one image of the cooley mountains, and right above them is a series of lights going across the sky. I had the shutter open for about 30 seconds. So i dont think its more than one. It looks like its moving to me. One light across the sky in a scattered line.

Anyway was hoping someone here has a logical explanation to it, like "that happens when your taking a pic of the moon at a certain angle blah blah blah". Cause to be quite honest, UFOS and Aliens scare the living daylights out of me!! :eek::(

I know some people will say this thread doesnt belong here. But I'm considering the fact that this may be some kind of lens flare or some technical thing about the lens! So where better to find out? :pac:

16355_193848881060_641561060_4570749_4664212_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

The sunlight reflected off of some methane gas in the bog which cause a distorition of your censor. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Could be the flashing light on the wingtip of a plane? If it was a light aircraft you may not have heard it, and it may be moving in and out of the cloud and thats why its not dotted evenly, but it does look a bit 'up and down'. Maybe a helicopter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

Its not the sun though :confused:

I hope your right none the less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I'm going for landing lights of an airplane piloted by a drunk! Or ET reminding you to phone your mammy once in a while.

Also, its hard to see on this pic. But when zoomed in on PS, it shows that whatever it was turns around when it gets to the furthest point on the right.

Thats why i ruled out a plane or helicopter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

dan759 wrote: »
    Also, its hard to see on this pic. But when zoomed in on PS, it shows that whatever it was turns around when it gets to the furthest point on the right.

Thats why i ruled out a plane or helicopter.

I would have thought that would make a helicopter even more likely? They have steering mechanisms, you know :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Can we see the master?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Don't worry, they're on their way to South Africa, they wont harm us Irish

• Advertisement

I'm trying to attach the original pic at the minute but it doesnt seem to be working?

Is there a max size limit? :confused:

I'm trying to attach the original pic at the minute but it doesnt seem to be working?

Is there a max size limit? :confused:

800 on the wide should be fine. But they are without doubt Chinese lanterns.

humberklog wrote: »
    800 on the wide should be fine. But they are without doubt Chinese lanterns.

without doubt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

If it were a 30 sec exposure, wouldn't lanterns have left quite a trail?

without doubt?

Yep, well that or Martians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

maybe a group of blackbirds raided sumplace and the light is reflectin off the loot????

To be honest, I doubt its lanterns.

All of a sudden all possible "ufo" sightings are Chinese lanterns.

All of a sudden us Irish seem to have gone Chinese lantern mad :p

Still working on uploading the original

beans wrote: »
    If it were a 30 sec exposure, wouldn't lanterns have left quite a trail?

Then it's Martians.

Then again I saw them in Dub Bay stationary too, even called the feckin coastguard. See them quite a lot these days and they behave as the wind does...oddly by times.

That or Martians.

To be honest, I doubt its lanterns.

All of a sudden all possible "ufo" sightings are Chinese lanterns.

All of a sudden us Irish seem to have gone Chinese lantern mad :p

Still working on uploading the original

Yep the internet ordering has brought them in in spades. The place has gone mad for lanterns, every wedding, birthday, debs etc. has them. There are more reported sightings now because they didn't exist here 5 years ago.

More lanterns= more sightings of lanterns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Well, that has me convinced anyway, thanks OP.

I for one welcome our new insect lizard chinese lantern? Martian overlords.

• Advertisement

Eh, excuse me, Its clearly a chinese lizard lantern overlord! :eek:

I have a sneaky suspicion that the mothership could be parked up at the Park Hotel, Dundalk and are under the direct control of the in-house wedding planner. These lizards a sneeky feckers.

I saw 3 UFO's when I was 12 with my dad and brothers, they were high in the sky and 'hovering', 1 would fly upwards at an angle really fast and stop and move a different direction, then the light would disappear and then appear somewhere else, and they'd just move around untill 1 by one the lights went out.

they moved like nothing Ive seen before!

unless they were prototype chinese lanterns before they became available to the public

I've seen some weird stuff before too Kumate.

And as i've said, the idea of UFOs and Aliens scares the bejasus outta me :(

Got so freaked out when i found this pic on my memory card :eek:

I saw 3 UFO's when I was 12 with my dad and brothers, they were high in the sky and 'hovering', 1 would fly upwards at an angle really fast and stop and move a different direction, then the light would disappear and then appear somewhere else, and they'd just move around untill 1 by one the lights went out.

they moved like nothing Ive seen before!

unless they were prototype chinese lanterns before they became available to the public

Pics or it didn't happen:pac:.

Dan you'd wanna take a pic of a ghost...now that is scary.

Dan you'd wanna take a pic of a ghost...now that is scary.

ironically enough my dad wouldnt let me take a photo, he said theres no point, I really wanted to, my aunts crappy compact half frame camera was in my wardrobe but he insited that I not use it.

Im not sayin it was aliens, could have been military planes being tested, that were based on technology obtained from reverse engineered alien spacecrafts!

Lol'd hard when i read that :P

Ghosts arent scary.. they cant even do anything.. Aliens are known to examine our exit pipes! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

looks lanterns, I saw a lot of sky lanterns been set out on Saturday and as far as I recall they go for a few dasyd, I read on paranormal once about sightings in Meath which tunred out to be lanterns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Bound to be "our lady" on her way to Knock ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Nah, on her way back. She was there last Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

It could be light reflecting of specks of dirt on the lens, I took a ten second exposure in the park the other night and I had similar specks of light only they where in the grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

flashing red light on the tail of an aircraft circling the hill with a 30 second exposure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

This thread reminds me of a South Park episode - Pinewood Derby :P

Do these UFOs got space cash or not? No space cash, go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

these are Alien TV Camera Drones, no doubt about it, in case you hadn't all realised, the weekly comedy series "The Tiger Years - life on a small rock on a backwards planet" Staring the population of Ireland... is the biggest rated comedy on the tri-galaxy network running at peak times in several dimensions and now translated into 3,456,234,565,443,56 galactic languages and also available via the telepathy network.

Apparently the production company have planted several well know comedic aliens (in human form- before anyone starts saying mary harney) into key positions in Ireland and laugh along at the trouble they stir up. It's apparently a hoot.

The Quamvirae-Divnae-bullevedis from the 4th official non-newtonian parallel dimension are trying to close the show on ethical grounds, claiming intefering with minor species and interfacing with these lower life forms for galactic media pleasure circuitry is in their opinion unethical and have threathened to removed this minor rock (ireland) into a safe storage facility, inside black hole until the shows popularity dies out, estimated to be 12,000 light years given the memory capacity of certain species.

Which is ironic really, when you hear media pundits warning Ireland is heading into a black hole for a very long time ...they don't know how right they are ..unless these pundits are also alien commedic actors implanted as part of the show and saying so to get more humour in the script?

I hope this clarifies matters for you OP?

Advertisement