Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Nov 7] SSAI meeting on licencing

Options
  • 04-11-2009 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

I was asked to pass on an announcement from the SSAI that there will be a meeting this saturday, November 7 at 1200h in Abbeyleix at the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, open to any and all shooter who wish to discuss the current licencing difficulties and possible approaches to solving these difficulties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Sparks would it be possible to sticky this thread to allow more people to view it because if it keeps getting moved down it could be missed by viewers.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

So who's going?

I should be there if I can shake this flu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Can't make it, we've a 3P match in Rathdrum that day and a prone match the following day, so our cup runneth over ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I am going ................ time to make a stand me thinks !

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

cant make it have to work would love to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I'm at sea, cant make it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

how did the meeting go had to work couldn't make it

I couldn't make it had to take the wife somewhere :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Couldn't make it either - house bound for a week with you-know-what! OINK! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Was good.There were a bunch[220plus] of annoyed,frightened and peed off pistolshooters there of all disiplines.Few folks from the FCP as well,so it was good to hear from the hosses mouth so to speak whats going on,undiluted by opinions,2nd hand info etc.
    Some folks are looking at being in tomorrow ,literally in their DCs about their liscenses.:eek:..PersonallyI felt it was a great pity that this type of a meeting wasnt held in Dec 2008,or earlier like when Aherne was announcing in May 2008 a tightning up of the firearms laws..Or after IPSC demise here and the writing was starting to appear on the wall.:(
    One thing is for sure the "keep quiet,and you will keep what you have"line isnt going to wash anymore with anyone who was at that meeting.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

NASRPC have announced the setting up of a Legal Fund:
    http://www.nasrpc.ie/
    The NASRPC are very Happy to announce that the SSAI (Shooting Sports Association of Ireland) have made a contribution of €8,216.16 to our recently created Legal Fund, the NASRPC committee would like to thank Joe Costello and the Committee for this contribution.

Joe Costello added the following:
    I feel as Chairman of the SSAI , It is appropriate that the largest pistol shooting NGB are supported in this way to allow them to continue the defensive action fund they instigated at their recent meeting in Dublin

For anyone who was at the NASRPC meeting on Thursday night, the Pledge Form is Here

Bank Account Details will be available shortly

...and the SSAI have also made a statement on the matter:
    http://www.ssai.ie/
    Statement from the SSAI following the Open Meeting on Saturday 7/11/2009

Please be advised that the SSAI have agreed a contribution to the legal fund established by the NASRPC in the amount of 8,218.16 Euro.

These funds to be used for advancement of such cases as they may decide.

I feel as Chairman of the SSAI, it is appropriate that the largest pistol shooting NGB, the NASRPC are supported in this way to allow them to continue the defensive action fund they instigated at their recent meeting in Dublin .

Regards
    Joe Costello - Chairman - SSAI

From the SSAI website:
    Statement from the SSAI following the Open Meeting on Saturday 7/11/2009

Please be advised that the SSAI have agreed a contribution to the legal fund established by the NASRPC in the amount of 8,218.16 Euro.

These funds to be used for advancement of such cases as they may decide.

I feel as Chairman of the SSAI, it is appropriate that the largest pistol shooting NGB, the NASRPC are supported in this way to allow them to continue the defensive action fund they instigated at their recent meeting in Dublin.

Regards
    Joe Costello - Chairman - SSAI

Too late me thinks :(

Very good, looks like the old FLAG fund is being put to good use at last. Any announcement on how the fund is to be spent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Thanks for the encouragement - take it you won't support it then ??

B'Man

Well - it won't be on here at least - note the word 'legal' in it.

B'Man

Bananaman wrote: »
    Well - it won't be on here at least - note the word 'legal' in it.

B'Man
    Man states obvious on internet forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

can some one post a link or account number for this fund, times are tough but i'll try to give some support
    I'm not a member of any rifle and pistol club so can't support directly
    I believe that if we don't stand up to this we're going to loose a lot more than center fire pistols

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

while not a pistol/CF handgun guy , I will certainly try and support as much as possible and the very best of luck to the nasrpc with this .

I reckon its in the intrest of all shooters to do so as if this goes without a fight, there is no need for them to stop and we are back to .22 and air pistols only .. we have had our heads in the sand so long I think sand has got in to our eyes and we cant see what else will be lined up behind the HG ban ..(this is MY opinion only and no Im not privy to what the DOJ will or can do but you can bet your a*s it wont do our sport (all) of shooting any good)

Far as I know 4Gun there isnt an account set up yet but you can contact the NASRPC or wait for details to appear on the site http://www.nasrpc.ie/

Darr

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Its not over until it's over, I feel it is essential that the NASRPC are supported, the blame game wont get us anywhere.

United we stand, divide we will fall, any contribution no matter how small will help, I personally will try and raise as much as I can to help.

Sikamick

Thanks for the encouragement

My views on this are well documented here on Boards.ie. Go search for them.
    - take it you won't support it then ??

If by "support" do you mean give my money to an NGB I am not a member of to fight the cases of a few of it's selected members ?

I sincerely hope those that deserve to keep their c/f licences do.

Merging and sticking threads on the same topic.

If by "support" do you mean

That's exactly what I mean.

B'Man

If by "support" do you mean give my money to an NGB I am not a member of to fight the cases of a few of it's selected members ?
    I don't know for sure, but I thought Midlands was a member of the NASRPC and you are a member of Midlands?

In which case you're a member of the NASRPC

Edit: Have been told that they are not members. So ignore all that please bunny ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 love to shoot

first post
    i taught the new guidelines for the licence of firearms was to be the same across the board. so how come i know of some areas that have got theirs center and rim fire licences . while i was told i would most likely not get any of mine even tough i was one of the first in my area to get licenced and have been a licenced shooter for over 17 years without accident or incident have complied and exceeded all security regulations (some even before they were required). Backround i used to hunt a long while back now i get my kicks from clays and paper targets my motto if you don't eat it don't kill it. i was a lot better hunter than i am a target shooter but so what i enjoy myself . when and if this get's sorted out i might get a real target pistol thinking walther gsp .22 with .32 conversion. have the p22 (sh..) . would love to know whats out there in (proper) target pistols price and where to buy where i could try one out can travel in europe but going (hopefully) to america after christmas . please help would love feed back.

Nine posts of gonad-measuring infighting deleted.
    On-topic, please folks. And if you do disagree over what "support" means, please keep it civil.

And the next person to back-seat mod (even if they turn round and say "Oh, I'm not back-seat modding, I'm just telling folks what they're not to discuss") is taking a week off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Can someone that attended the meeting run through the topics discussed?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Mr Mole

Regretfully, I was unable to attend the meeting, but was briefed very well by Club Members who did. I dont believe that this is a place to discuss what occurred. If the Committee who organised the meeting wanted to inform all and sundry, including Garda Siochana and Dept Justice on the agenda and discussions, I suggest they would have invited them to the meeting to hear any proposed defence tactics. ;) The issue is just too serious for discussion here.

Advertisement