Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV Series? JJ Trek 2? Something else?

Options
  • 04-11-2009 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

roumers abound about a new klingon TV series or klingon heavy plot in JJ trek 2...

linky

http://trekmovie.com/2009/10/25/viral-video-leads-to-klingon-empire-website/

Short version

klingon "viral propaganda" video uploaded tio youtube under an account with no other uploads and the account name is a klingon name never seen but whose name was used on ds9 to reference on off screen klingon

vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zDg0dKygE&feature=player_embedded

the end of the vid is the klingon symbol with a website in klingon.

translated it leads to

http://www.tlhingan.org/

basically because of the quality of the site and video trek fans suspect its a teaser for something that is soon to be announced

what do you think?

EDIT:

Flash Animation was made by "Bad Monkey Studios" which is an animation studio in San Francisco run by a Mark Farinas, who is certainly a Trekkie since he has a profile on Memory Alpha, and he even has a review of the Star Trek 2009 movie on his blog.

edit2 - ugh i posted too early i read one of the comments and some suggested star trek online - can a mod edit the poll please and add a 5th option for star trek onlinethanksd

What do you think its all aboot? 5 votes

New Klingon TV series
    0%
    JJ Trek 2
    0%
    Fan project
    80%
    azezilRascal77PirateShampooMetalDawg 4 votes
    Something else
    20%
    tribesman78 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'm going with most of the commenters at trekmovie.com - it's Star Trek Online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Fan project
    The Klingon Propaganda video seems to be taking the piss out of the Chinese more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Fan project
    I'm a big Star Trek fan but tbh I don't think I'd like a series based on klingons only,with all the dieing with honour there'd be no characters left by the third or fourth episode anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Rascal77 wrote: »
    I'm a big Star Trek fan but tbh I don't think I'd like a series based on klingons only,with all the dieing with honour there'd be no characters left by the third or fourth episode anyway.

They wouldnt have to deal with acotrs wanting more more as the seasons went on :)

Thats why i have always said the best idea for a trek series is outer limits / twilight zone style.

Every episode set in a diferrent place with different actors and different stories

With the popularity of heavy story arcs for ym idea to work the stories could all be based in the same say 30 year time period. Some war or several major galactic events that take place and each episodes centres on how a different group of people (ship screw or maybe a gang of criminals or pirates)/ all of these different species and it tells an overall story - all persectives on the one story.

It would be cheap because different actors each episode
    Also if we only got 1/2 a season or even just 1 season or just a ****ing pilot they would atleast be trying something new with the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Fan project
    I think the Klingons would do well in a mini series.

I would like to see a one of series on the Dominion war from multipul perspectives. Like Klingon, Romulan, Dominion, Cardasian, Star Fleet angles. But i would like to c it done in a BSG style where its all gritty and violent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Fan project
    This looks cool I hope its a Klingon heavy ST2. With no fcuking time travel:mad: and maybe Javier Bardem as the main Klingon antagonist, a new character as opposed to a rehash of Kang or Kor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i really hope its not a 2nd movie but im starting to get worried from reading around the web

Advertisement