Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tocco connecting to internet

• 04-11-2009 3:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I have a samsung tocco (sgh-f480) on meteor which for some reason whenever switched on will begin transferring data (the little icon shows this) for a few moments then stops. Meteor never got back to me about this as to what it may be connecting to. I had the phone reflashed for another issue and it still does it.

I'm not concerned about charges for now as I have a data package but am soon moving to pre-pay with out data!

Any ideas what it could be? Any suggested settings?
    I'm curious to know what its connecting to and why.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

A widget maybe? Accuweather or sth updating status? I know on my Pixon, out of the box, accuweather widget was auto-updating...

Email? Did you enable auto-retrieval (assuming that is available? I haven't used a Tocco)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Sadly not the case. I've disbabled email to manual download only. I can only think it's searching for time zone updates? I had a Motorola many moons which done this but not via gprs/data connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I have figured what the issue was. It turns out it's the 'auto time update' feature on the phone.

Advertisement