Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Discount Code

• 04-11-2009 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi All

Just recieved this discount code for prepay phones

Code: O2COUPON (case sensitive)
    End date: December 31st 2009
    Discount: 10% discount on any prepay phone

Enjoy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

While handy to have and thanks to OP, can I make people aware that having worked for O2 myself at one stage, simply saying you are a student or that your a long-time customer pretty much always get you 10% off or thereabouts. Threatening to switch networks does the same. The reason is that due to such a high mark-up on the phones, they can afford to take a hit to keep the customer. Anyway, back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Fergster

Hey thanks for that

Thats good to know for the future

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vHOST

thanx m8

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

is it me or are the pay as u go upgrade phone prices REALLY dear. U used to buy an upgrade for 60 and get 50 credit, so the phone cost 10.

No, phone could cost 80- and u get €5.

wow!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

tommy21 wrote: »
    While handy to have and thanks to OP, can I make people aware that having worked for O2 myself at one stage, simply saying you are a student or that your a long-time customer pretty much always get you 10% off or thereabouts. Threatening to switch networks does the same. The reason is that due to such a high mark-up on the phones, they can afford to take a hit to keep the customer. Anyway, back on topic.

What are the networks like over here if you threaten to leave? I'm with Meteor

I lived in Wales for some years and had a contract Vodafone, i threatened to leave after 3 years and they gave me half price rental for 6 months and some accessories

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thanks.
    Got the Samsung Tocco Lite for €89.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vHOST

same here m8,
    malene wrote: »
    is it me or are the pay as u go upgrade phone prices REALLY dear. U used to buy an upgrade for 60 and get 50 credit, so the phone cost 10.

No, phone could cost 80- and u get €5.

wow!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Don't mean to brag or 'out, bit I did post this a while back, along with link to got added cashback with bethrifty!

Hey Sorry

Did'nt realise you had already posted it there

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Fergster wrote: »
    Hey Sorry

Did'nt realise you had already posted it there

Cheers

No worries,just being a smart arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

jayteecork wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Got the Samsung Tocco Lite for €89.

Very good phone for 90€, its about 120 or 130€ with meteor and vodafone, and you can look forward to a new one next summer:)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Very good phone for 90€, its about 120 or 130€ with meteor and vodafone, and you can look forward to a new one next summer:)

If i bother topping up by 20 each month! Damn webtexts!

Really looking forward to this, my first mobile phone that won't be a generic tatty Nokia.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

Just saved €12.10- thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Is the 10% discount for online top ups only or can i get it in a shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Is the 10% discount for online top ups only or can i get it in a shop?

Its 10% off phones on o2.ie only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Will this discount work with the IPOD 3Gs if so I could save €52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Thanks OP ... just saved 9.90 and got €10 on bethrifty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ps3dbest

were do u enter the code plzz help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rosied

Great just used this and saved 10% thanks...and got €10 for my upgrade with Bethrifty....:)

This should prety much work with anything bought on O2 online

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just went to buy the Samsung Tocco, but its sold out:( Is there any way of finding out if/when they'll be getting them in again? How does this phone fare against the LG Cookie?

lindtee wrote: »
    Just went to buy the Samsung Tocco, but its sold out:( Is there any way of finding out if/when they'll be getting them in again? How does this phone fare against the LG Cookie?

Were you looking for the ultra? The lite is in stock. If you did want the ultra, you can click the 'stock alert' where you put in your email, and you will get a notification when its in.

Another option would always ask the on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks Davy, Its the Tocco lite It only says its out of stock when I have entered all my details..something like "one or more of your items is out of stock, please remove it from your basket":( Its for my son for christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

lindtee wrote: »

The Cookie is a piece of crap, it's like a really cheap prada or viewty, feels like a happy meal toy.... Try go for the tocco as the tocco light is nasty, a cheaper version of the tocco, might be ok for a child tho....

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

bolox, i just spent 520 euro on a iphone :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I know this is an old thread but according to bethrifty.ie the code still works until 30th of April so should still be of use for the next couple of days.

It doesn't seem to list prepay mobiles as one of the purchases that get cashback on bethrifty, I take it this means you don't get any (can anyone confirm??)

Its usually any upgrade or first time connection handset excluding the iphone

Advertisement