Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless interference

Options
  • 04-11-2009 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Having some wireless issues in a house. Basically the coverage is really bad. The only room that gets a good signal is the one where the router is located.
    Even the room thats right across from it only get 1/2 bars. Also it was a new wall dividing it and is not very thick.

Im prity sure it's something with the house itself as they also have problems with phone signal and usually have to go outside to make a call.

We have tried using a different router and changing the channel e.t.c which made no difference.

So what are the options here? They have 3 laptops, an Xbox and a PS3 all connecting through wireless. They are keen to keep it wireless so any suggestions?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

OK so, I use this to boost my signal - Works well

IMG_0073.jpg?t=1257325848

You can find the template here http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/default.htm

Go on, give it a go, the most it will cost you is a cornflakes box and some tin foil

Or you could get a wireless repeater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Thanks, will look into it :)

Might have to go with a wireless repeater.

Could anyone recommend a good wireless repeater?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Cheers Condi.

I'm using a Belkin N+ router with two aerials.
    I am a little skeptical of wireless repeaters for the reason you outlined. Need to do some homework :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement