Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Origins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Geeze Rain, you still playing it, thought you'd be well finished by now, No matter when I turn on the xbox, there you are, stuck in Ferelden:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Geeze Rain, you still playing it, thought you'd be well finished by now, No matter when I turn on the xbox, there you are, stuck in Ferelden:D

I'm in the middle of the Dalish mission at the minute. Wont get much time to play now on till the weekend but the missus is away Friday and Saturday so I'm going to make one final lunge for the end then :)

I make sure to do every chantery board or side quest I can get my hands on, there's a few turkeys but for the most part the side quests are pretty good. I just realised that if you have Dog in you're party
    you can piss on landmarks
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭inFamouxe

How am i goin to know if it's a mainquest or sidequest? sorry for the stupid question im still a noob here.

They will show select menu, all main quests are under ''the blight'' everything else is pretty much a side quest. They will be classed by town etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

729622531_L2biL-L.jpg

every one loves me and I'm not paying for armour, horse or otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RAIN wrote: »
    They will show select menu, all main quests are under ''the blight'' everything else is pretty much a side quest. They will be classed by town etc.

town or for the guilds/certain groups

Both I think, it's broken down by town and groups I'm pretty sure. Haven't played all week, dying for a session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Thought some of you might enjoy this "Reviewsical" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I know it probably not a great place to ask but would you lads who have played this say it would be ok for my 15 year old god son?

He has asked for this for Christmas but as its marked 18's I thought I would ask here about mature content. His Dad is cool with it but his Mam is a stickler. If its just violence its ok, any nudey Elf / Dwarf / human action and I'll be getting my head kicked in by an angry Mammy.

Can you help me out by saying yeah or neigh to this based on your experience playing it?

I should just get him MW2 and load up the No Russian level and see what his Mam says then!!!

We should probably always stick by the age on the games, its there for a reason after all. Disclaimer aside

There is a lot of blood in the game, your character spends half the game splattered in blood.

There are a few demon boobies on display at certain times in the game. During the sex scenes, the characters have their underwear on...

Its your call at the end of the day though...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'd have said there's everything you wouldn't want a minor to see but all cases of it are fairly mild - violence, blood, sex and even rape if you pick the right story line...

Prob wouldn't recommend it though. I'd be a hypocrite to say it should do no harm because I hate all the right wing dickheads blaming games for violence - my response is normally "don't buy the games for your kids" so...

even rape if you pick the right story line...

Must have missed that...
    or was it just mentioned in the Dalish Elf V Werewolves story line?

Did you finish the game yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

Thanks lads. Decision made. I had a choice of Dragon Age Origins or Brutal Legend. I guess he will be playing as Jack Black for a few weeks after Christmas.

I do abide by age guides but I was told the gore wouldn't be a problem but anything else would be a no-no.
    Judging by what I've read above the game seems a little too much for him.

Again thanks for the responses.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Must have missed that...
    or was it just mentioned in the Dalish Elf V Werewolves story line?

Did you finish the game yet?
    Right at the end now - I played it for about an hour fighting loads of battles and then died and lost a load of progress. Just haven't picked it back up yet.

The rape storyline is not a major spoiler but you get
    if you start as an Elf in Denerim - the Earls son and a few soldiers abduct a load of elven women and give them a good seeing to - without buying them a drink first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

got this new this evening in Xtravision for 34.99 :)

can't wait to get cracking.

Might treat myself to it on wednesday when the exams are over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

got it my self the other day, havent had a chance to do anything , i did notice the graphis are really poor :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Can anyone tell me does the combat get better in this or what? So far it just consists of mashing the 'A' button with a few shield thrusts in there. It takes an eternity to swing the sword, there's no block (that I can see) and by the time I've swung it, the others have a couple of swings at me.

I'm only after going out into the wild after your man Duncan has signed me up to his gang (can't remember the name!). The combat is annoying the hell out of me, cos the story is pretty good and i want it to be a good game.

Can anyone tell me does the combat get better in this or what? So far it just consists of mashing the 'A' button with a few shield thrusts in there. It takes an eternity to swing the sword, there's no block (that I can see) and by the time I've swung it, the others have a couple of swings at me.

I'm only after going out into the wild after your man Duncan has signed me up to his gang (can't remember the name!). The combat is annoying the hell out of me, cos the story is pretty good and i want it to be a good game.
    The combat isn't real time - as in it doesn't repond to your every button press. It's based on rolls of 'dice' as to whether you make a hit or receive a hit - all done around the D&D rules. You mashing the A button does the exact same as you pressing it once - it initiates his attack.

If you want to select a few special moves to throw in such as shield bash etc. you can but otherwise he'll keep hacking away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So has this game lost favour with the masses as I see it for €35 in both XV and GS on 360 and PS3, and only €25 on PC in GS??

And whats the best comparison for the combat you can think of? I know the PC is traditional point-click ordering but hows the console system work? Want a nice game to tide over the chilly weeks of winter and this seems to fit the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

The combat isn't real time - as in it doesn't repond to your every button press. It's based on rolls of 'dice' as to whether you make a hit or receive a hit - all done around the D&D rules. You mashing the A button does the exact same as you pressing it once - it initiates his attack.

If you want to select a few special moves to throw in such as shield bash etc. you can but otherwise he'll keep hacking away.

Thanks, I thought that alright. I'll keep plugging away for a bit cos, like I said, I like the story and the premise of the game. I've not really played one of those turn-based games before, so 'tis all new to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    So has this game lost favour with the masses as I see it for €35 in both XV and GS on 360 and PS3, and only €25 on PC in GS??

And whats the best comparison for the combat you can think of? I know the PC is traditional point-click ordering but hows the console system work? Want a nice game to tide over the chilly weeks of winter and this seems to fit the bill.

Think KotOR or Neverwinter Nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Why is the PS version getting mod support and not the Xbox 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

silvine wrote: »

It is? Damn, I might have to get it then.

silvine wrote: »

Probably because MS don't want anything on the XBOX that they can't charge for.

Thats why we won't be getting the BBC player either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Hey lads.

Do you need to have all your collective characters geared up for the final battle or is it just the 4 you can pick?

I would like to sell some fine amour for money to buy the good rings and second weapon.

Just the 4 is all you need for the fight with the Archdemon.

Is it worth downloading the warden's keep dlc? Is it more advanced or can a level 10 do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is it worth downloading the warden's keep dlc? Is it more advanced or can a level 10 do it?

There's not much too it, you get some blood abilities and a box to keep stuff in , i thought that would be useful untill i realised 40 hours into the game that I could buy upgrades to backpack space. There's a nice nod to superman movies that I triggers too :D

So for the points you get , a new quest that isnt overly long, 2 achievements, 2 new skills, a storage box, a new store to buy stuff from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm glad I stuck with this for the first hour. I was fit to toss it. Terrible graphics, brutal dialogue, irritating characters. Just after doing the first part of one of the major quests and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Advertisement