Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Origins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm in the fade atm, trying to fight my way to the sloth, seems a bit drawn out IMO, getting a bit tired of it! Loving the free stat boosters though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dinnyman

First time playing a game like this so heres a couple of what might be basic questions that I'm hoping you might be able to help with..

1. I havn't downloaded Shale or anything else - yet I'm about 3 or four hours into the game. Can I download now and get the benefits or should I just start over? I'm considering doing this anyway based on some of the ingame choices I've made.

In camp as human noble with Alistair, Morrigan and the dog - does it make a difference what order you go about the map? e.g - is it best to go to redcliff first or will it make a difference? I've started out with the Dalish Elves quest and I'm struggling with some of the battles out in the forest.

Wasnt that mpressed with the game at first but really getting into it now!

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Gutted that the Return to Ostagar DLC was delayed today...was dying to get stuck into it.

Also Bioware have announced a retail disc add on for Dragon Age, coming this spring...
    x360a.org wrote: »
    The pack, which will retail in the US for the princely sum of $39.99, will hits shops this spring and sees you adopting the role of a Grey Warden following the events of Dragon Age: Origins in the land of Amarthine.
    Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to rebuild the order of legendary warriors while dealing with such new threats as the fearsome Inferno Golem and scary-sounding Spectral Dragon as well as the mysterious 'Architect'.
    You'll also discover new secrets of the Darkspawn, but not before taking advantage of being able to port over and customise your existing Dragon Age character (if you want to that is).
    Awakenings also raises the level cap as well as adding new items, abilities and spells to your repertoire. Throw in the inclusion of a new Grey Warden character from the land of Orlais and five new party members to recruit and you have what should prove to be a very enticing package indeed.
    Details about the size of the expansion are yet to be revealed, but for the price we think it'd be fair to say that we expect a fair chunk of bang for our buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fantastic!

Fantastic price too, had to look twice when i saw it was going to be €30 or more :eek:

• Advertisement

Edit: Ooopsies, looks like a was reading an article about getting the ultimate reward not the the ultimate sacrifce!

Anyways, just finished my 1st playthrough, what a game! had me hooked, finished it in 50 hours. And tomorrow begins my new playthrough as a mage...

Savage trailer indeed...but mad price tag...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Awakening trailer looks savage, full of spoilers if you haven't played the game. I also love that skeletor appears to be in it :P

CKWPORT....dude I think you've played enough Dragon Age!! :D

RAIN wrote: »
    CKWPORT....dude I think you've played enough Dragon Age!! :D

Have not! I only did one playthrough...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just started playing this. I'm an elf rogue.

I have the difficulty set to easy but so far it seems too easy, should i set it to normal or does it get trickier the furher you get in?

Also, is the rogue fun to play? I was tempted to try a mage instead...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Bears

Got this game as a gift for xmas form the gf parents and im really enjoying it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i played through as a rogue the first time, enjoyed it alot.. although you will find that if you dont have another rogue in your party you're going to miss out on alot of locked chests early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Started playing it ages ago but mw2 came along and got distracted. Went back playing it and started again as an elf mage. Far better story line compared to human warrior and am really enjoying it. Time to take a break form fps and get back to some proper gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm really looking to get into this but I've Final Fantasy, Lego Indy 2 and Just Cause ahead of it, and I got a present of AvP a few days ago. I made a resolution to finish games before I move on and to not have games pile up! Damn overpopulated release windows!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm really looking to get into this but I've Final Fantasy, Lego Indy 2 and Just Cause ahead of it, and I got a present of AvP a few days ago. I made a resolution to finish games before I move on and to not have games pile up! Damn overpopulated release windows!
    True dat. Come august we'll be twiddling our thumbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mochara627

True dat. Come august we'll be twiddling our thumbs.

No you won't. You'll either be playing or waiting patiently for Halo: Reach if you have any sense :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Reach looks awesome, Sniping people on jet packs, yes please:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Reach looks awesome, Sniping people on jet packs, yes please:D

Is it just me or is the idea of going up in the air with a jetpack a bit like sticking a huge "bullets insert here" sign on your back??? :D

Finished it now, got awakenings and done that too. Not as good as main story but as far as add ons go its decent enough. Looking forward to playing through again as a diffenernt character in a month or so.
    Any one have any other suggestions for games to tie me over? Sick to death of fps like mw2 and bc2. Looking for an rpg but think I've played most of the big ones like fallout, elder scrolls, ff and mass effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

Awesome game!

Knock out and Kill Conor!

• Advertisement

Should there be two pieces of DLC with this? Bought it new, but all I seem to have is the Shale DLC. No extra mission.

Just the shale dlc available with the code with a new purchase, The other dlc is available to buy. They're all alright , you'll probably get about an hours game play from each one of them and a few extra items and stuff.

Just about to finish Awakenings, and I still have Leilanas Song, the Golem DLC and the Darkspawn DLC to go. Trying to get those done before the Witch Hunt DLC next week. Loving the game now that I've settled down to actually play it. Don't have any desire to replay it a ton of times though as there aren't enough hours in the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I tried replaying the main game but couldn't get into it again, loved it first time through though. Is the DLC worth it?

Awakening is very good, about 8 hours or so. I got it when it was on sale about 2 weeks ago. I've only played the Shale DLC, the Tower DLC and the Ostagar ones so far. They're the basic one-misson packs. They're entertainining, but not exactly hours of gameplay. That said, you'd get about an extra 15-20 hours with all the DLC so it's decent value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lads I bought this game the first day it came out. I played it for about an hour and it hasn't been played since. I've never donethis with a game before. Should I go for it again?

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Lads I bought this game the first day it came out. I played it for about an hour and it hasn't been played since. I've never donethis with a game before. Should I go for it again?

Absolutely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I could never find this game in the stores. Even in the days and weeks that followed its release, it was never in GameStop! I assumed it was a US/JAP only release. Will have a look for it in the second-hand section the next time I'm there but even as recent as a couple of weeks a go, I don't remember seeing it anywhere!

AdMMM wrote: »
    I could never find this game in the stores.

Really? Thats odd, I had no bother picking it up and have seen it loads of times since in stores.

There were numerous preorder DLC incentives for its release in most stores, so most places should have had it.

I have it and the awakenings DLC disc. Tempted to trade them in for the complete or ultimate edition so I can play all the DLC. Or would it be cheaper to purchase the DLC off live?

I never played the awakenings disc, had started my 3rd playthrough as a Mage, to get the Mage Level 20 achievement, but never got around to finishing it, I just can't face going into Orzammar again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So I gave this game a shot on the 360 bit hated it.

Now that I have a decent pc is it worth giving another shot?

Bear in mind that I loved baldurs gate and planescape torment but HATED Neverwinter Nights?

I'm looking for something with a bit of depth.

Advertisement